Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Tapatalk working?

I couldn't find the "Plugins & Products" tab in the sidebar, and thought I was going bonkers. After some unproductive confusion, I tried to go to "Moderate Users" so I could view my own profile and see what member groups I was assigned to (really just to confirm I was indeed an admin), and was met with this message:

Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel.
    That explains it. I'm guessing I need even higher permissions?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post

That explains it. I'm guessing I need even higher permissions?
    Shep should now have all the keys to the kingdom. If this site goes down, we know who's fault it is. Fortunately I have a backup from earlier today.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

First time on mobile since getting admin rights, the site is already a lot less buggy. Let me try editing my post and see what happens...

Darn, editing on mobile is still broken... Just more gloriously. At least my post is still there, but it's got nothing in it.

(Don't worry about restoring it, it just said something to the effect of "mobile site's working better since admin rights, I wonder if edit bug is fixed")

Moving on, I won't have time until tonight to revisit this, but if anything, I'm only going to use the new password I got to temporarily fix my own account. I've always been a fan of leaving footprints when doing stuff like this for accountability reasons.

VIN
    I'm totally digging the banner at the top of the forum. It sounds like something big is going to happen saturday morning.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Incidentally, Shep better make a manual backup of the SQL database before he starts saturday morning. Its real easy to do from the Godaddy web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Incidentally, Shep better make a manual backup of the SQL database before he starts saturday morning. Its real easy to do from the Godaddy web interface.
    Will back the database up first, no question about that!

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I vote for a sign on bonus for Shep.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Will back the database up first, no question about that!

Rest assured, we have a backup of all of dmctoday and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - January 2017)
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    LOL

Is Shep Steve's brother by any chance?

EnterStevesworld.com