Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tapatalk working?

VIN

Is Tapatalk working?

Does anyone else use TapaTalk?

It quit working on my phone a few weeks ago and I thought it was simply a problem with my phone. Today I get one of those top secret webmaster emails from TapaTalk saying I need to update the TapaTalk pluggin for DMCToday. Something about it being outdated and having issues with some phones.

I'm lazy and don't want to do any work, but I can try updating it tonight if other people are having problems.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I don't use Crapatalk.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Tapatalk is pretty sucky. It was awesome 5 years ago but when they started updating it, it went to crap.

I use my phone browser more than I do Tapatalk, but the app is convenient when you need to post a picture on this forum.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    It's not. I noticed too but was too lazy to say anything.
    -Luke / 10270 / Superman 3 Turbo Kit

Going out on a limb maybe, but given my pre-existing desire to add a different mobile theme that doesn't force-delete any posts I try to edit (see here), I'd be willing to tackle this.

Of course, I'd need admin rights to update plugins and themes and such, if that's okay with you guys. (Is there a way to distinctly say I can't edit posts/threads/etc. while doing that?)

VIN
    Amazingly Tapatalk is working again and I didn't update anything.

I'm game for giving Shep full admin rights if he wants to fix whatever it is he is talking about.

What sort of window of time do you need? I'll of course have to verify a data backup before you do anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    What sort of window of time do you need? I'll of course have to verify a data backup before you do anything.
    Not sure yet, probably no more than an hour if I can schedule it for a time I'm available. Of course, the prerequisite of actually picking a new mobile theme to add hasn't been done yet. I'll get on that tonight and try to find something agreeable.

VIN
    Tapatalk updates on phpbb3 are done through the filesystem. I've always done them through ssh but you could probably choke it down using a web file management tool.

Hopefully tapatalk has a pushbutton solution for vBulletin.

Luke, is Tapatalk working for you? I'll only do some digging on the plugin if it's still needed to function properly.

VIN
    Nope, not today.

When it was working yesterday it wasn't marking threads as read.

Verdict: Still busted.