Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What does a Donald Trump Presidency mean for your 401k?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Fed is on track to raise the interest rate again....yay! Nothing can sink this Titanic of American economy!

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Fed is on track to raise the interest rate again....yay! Nothing can sink this Titanic of American economy!
    Makes me glad Capital One let me lock in my 5 year ARM for another 5 years at today's rates. A Trump Presidency is horrible for borrowers, but awesome for investors. My 401k is still kicking butt.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I know it's great isn't it? Nothing but unicorns and rainbows from now on!

Our economy just won the lottery! (What's that a out 80% of lottery winners being broke in 3 years?...Nevermind that shit, here comes Trump!)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I know it's great isn't it? Nothing but unicorns and rainbows from now on!

Our economy just won the lottery! (What's that a out 80% of lottery winners being broke in 3 years?...Nevermind that shit, here comes Trump!)
    I'ts fine and dandy with me. My mortgage is locked in at 3.875% for another 5 years and I'm scheduled to have the thing paid off in about 4 years.

My only regret is I didn't renew my ARM back in November. I could have locked in at 2.875% before the election. Oh well.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'ts fine and dandy with me. My mortgage is locked in at 3.875% for another 5 years and I'm scheduled to have the thing paid off in about 4 years.

My only regret is I didn't renew my ARM back in November. I could have locked in at 2.875% before the election. Oh well.
    It'll balance out as restrictive gun laws are repealed and the crime rate is lowered when the good guys take out more bad guys.

VIN
    Blog Entries

Good man! My goal for the next 24 months is to be 100% debt free and continue to squirrel money (and gold) away (and guns) (and food)

Basically when society collapses and people are digging in dumpsters for food I still want to be able to go motorcycle riding and take my DeLorean to cruise in's without a care in the world.

VIN
    I just checked the 401k. I'm at 17.4% interest for the year.

Thats almost as much interest as I made over the course of the last 8 years but in just 5 months.

Let's hope the stock market doesn't have a major correction soon. I don't want to have to eat dirt.

I just checked the 401k. I'm at 17.4% interest for the year.

Thats almost as much interest as I made over the course of the last 8 years but in just 5 months.

Let's hope the stock market doesn't have a major correction soon. I don't want to have to eat dirt.
    Forget the 401K. My pension was what I was counting on, and he's proposing to cut that. I know, I know, I don't deserve that whopping $37K a year.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Ouch man. I've said for years (even before this election) that I don't like Donald Trump. Once again, another reason to not like this man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.

VIN
    I'm happy about my 401k though, for now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.