Thread: FUTURE IS BACK! A fan-made short video featuring my DeLorean concept

Talking FUTURE IS BACK! A fan-made short video featuring my DeLorean concept

Gents,

Allow me to introduce myself as well as the very ambitious project I've been working on with 2 friends for over a year now.

Like probably 100% of you guys here, I'm a huge fan of the DeLorean and the legendary "Back To The Future" trilogy which both lit my childhood. I grew up with a strong automotive passion, mixed with art and design awareness... As a kid, I've always dreamed to, one day, be able to draw my own version of the Time Machine...

Today, I've grown up, my passion for cars, art and design hasn't faded. I am now a professional car designer based in Detroit. Guess what, last year, for the anniversary of Marty's arrival in 2015, I finally have created my own DeLorean Time Machine concept after a year of hard work, dedication and humble passion!
    Along with 2 extremely talented movie directors based in Los Angeles and San Francisco, we have started crafting a fan-made short video featuring the car. The goal is to offer the fans like us, the eye of a kid we used to be discovering this insane, timeless piece of art that is the DeLorean once again.
    As we are gearing-up for production, we would like to invite you in our journey, all the way to the launch of the video in a few months.

This video as well as the car itself are unfortunately not related in any way to DMC nor to the Back To The Future franchise. It is a purely fan-made project. Only passion and hard work are involved ;-)
    We contacted a few living legends to get a first fresh feedback of the car and I am proud to say that it has been very rewarding already. Andrew PROBERT, the man behind the original Time Machine design, is very pleased and supportive regarding what he saw... So there's that.

As I am convinced a lot of you are in the same situation as my friends and I are, and we just want to share our excitement with you guys.
    Below is the official-unofficial page of the project. Feel free to visit, and maybe register to receive exclusive news about this insane project coming soon.

FUTURE IS BACK!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just saw this, looks interesting.

Lacking details on the site, I figured I'd ask here:

1) Will any DeLoreans be sacrificed for the job? Or is truly a custom one-off?

2) Any stainless body panels?

3) Do you have any other pictures beyond a mostly-shadow outline of a car? Honestly, this could be the next batmobile and we'd all be none the wiser with that picture. Concept art, quick sketch, etc. We're all DeLorean owners, not custom car builders, so I don't think any of us are interested in stealing designs here.

4) How do the doors open?

5) Estimated cost? Of build, purchase, whatever cost you want to throw out there. Honestly, I can't afford it either way, but it's still good for reference.

Future_is_back

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Just saw this, looks interesting.

Lacking details on the site, I figured I'd ask here:

1) Will any DeLoreans be sacrificed for the job? Or is truly a custom one-off?

2) Any stainless body panels?

3) Do you have any other pictures beyond a mostly-shadow outline of a car? Honestly, this could be the next batmobile and we'd all be none the wiser with that picture. Concept art, quick sketch, etc. We're all DeLorean owners, not custom car builders, so I don't think any of us are interested in stealing designs here.

4) How do the doors open?

5) Estimated cost? Of build, purchase, whatever cost you want to throw out there. Honestly, I can't afford it either way, but it's still good for reference.

@Shep, sorry for not answering to your message earlier.
    This project, as it's a fan-made short film using a virtual (3D) model of the redesigned DeLorean, there are absolutely no original DeLorean involved, nor sacrificed. We wouldn't dare ;-)
    The body panels are stainless in the concept artwork images, and with the addition of a subtle clearcoat effect to enhance the new, more futuristic design of the car. The sharp reflections really shape the car's body.
    I understand that you want to see more of the car, and it will come. For the time being, we are planning on unveiling it through the short-film, along with High resolution images, concept Artworks etc. A few months back, I posted some first shots of details as I was in the process of getting the final images done. You can browse my blog and see the images HERE:
    The doors open like the DMC12. I designed the car to reflect a lot of the original elements, either graphically or functional. You can imagine that it also has a lot of features from the Time Machine of Back To The Future ^__^
    It is just fan-made short film and virtual concept for now. So unfortunately, it will stay 3D. Nothing will be physically built, except a few props for the movie.

I hope I have answered your questions. We really appreciate your support and critics. It is a concept project made for the fans by the fans.
    I deeply hope the community will like the end-result. It is indeed a very very very exciting project, with a lot of passion, time and dedication involved.

Cheers,

[FIB] Team.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Finally a real picture of the all new 2017 DeLorean! Can't wait to show this on DeLorean Fanatics!

VIN
    Looks interesting..would love to see some pics of the model

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Finally a real picture of the all new 2017 DeLorean! Can't wait to show this on DeLorean Fanatics!
    They are making new ones you know. One day I WILL own a Delorean!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Ramblin' Wreck from GT RamblinDMC's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    They are making new ones you know. One day I WILL own a Delorean!
    "Stop complaining about problems with your DeLorean, at least you have one!" lol. Same stuff all the time!