Thread: Cross reference gas cap wtf

Cross reference gas cap wtf

This doesnt fit!

Duralast 6810

**CST 6810

(Duralast 6810 is a steering component).

Only other two left are the Gates 31848 and the Stant 10844, neither of which provide locking capabilities. I've wanted to snag a click-style cap for a while now, might nab the Gates guy next.

Right on, that's what I have. CST 6810:

http://www.autozone.com/fuel-deliver...?checkfit=true

It has been alleged that Bill uses this cap. If so, I wonder what kind of mods he had to do to make it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    **CST 6810

(Duralast 6810 is a steering component).

Only other two left are the Gates 31848 and the Stant 10844, neither of which provide locking capabilities. I've wanted to snag a click-style cap for a while now, might nab the Gates guy next.

VIN
    I'm using the CST part. Whatever the part number is on my spreadsheet is what I'm using. It's the metal cap on the right in the picture. I've purchased two at autozone and both work fine with zero modifications.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I wonder if it's another early vs. late thing...

VIN
    I just verified that I'm using CST 6810.

I suppose I can buy one and send it to Matt.

Im gonna make a video in a sec.

Ok it does fit, but the cap has to be inserted at an angle.

Is anyone running the Gates 31848 or the Stant 10844? Not a fan of the industrial look of the CST unit.