Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Manual D Needing Extensive Work

WTB Manual D Needing Extensive Work

I sold 1669 so I need a new project D.
    I'm looking for a 5 speed needing extensive mechanical and/or electrical work.
    It must have decent frame, stainless panels and interior.
    ...missing/blown engine/transmission etc, no problem.

Please PM me with serious replies.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Out of curiosity, what is your price range? I may have a lead on a car and, while it was a little more than I wanted to pay, it might suit your budget.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

I'd go into the mid or even upper teens for the right car...it all depends on whats there, of course.
    But ideally, I want something that needs A LOT of work.

thx

VIN
    2808 6921
    So a painted car would make it a no go?

Ron, your request for a fixer D has been reviewed by the committee, and denied for the following reasons:

CODE 8798234: PETITIONER DID NOT SUBMIT ONE PAGE ESSAY ON WHY HE SHOULD OWN A DELOREAN
    CODE 6234322: PETITIONER DID NOT ATTACH $50 FEE TO DMCTODAY OWNERS COMMITTEE REVIEW BOARD

We hope you will re apply sometime in the future.

--DMCTODAY Owners Committee Review Board
    "We decide who deserves what."
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    So a painted car would make it a no go?
    Not if the paint is in good shape and the seller allowed for it. I'd even consider one needing the paint redone as long as it was a good job originally I.E. it bonded well etc. I don't want to totally strip one down to get a decent job...

Of course, if it were a really good price... ;-)

On the interior- Seat covers, carpet, etc aren't a deal breaker. I don't want to deal with things that require removing any of the good delicate pieces to get to bad ones, only to wind up purchasing the lot. I don't like heat guns and 35 year old glue on paper thin "leather"...Just not my bag. But for the right price, I'd deal with it. lol
    Last edited by SteveSux; 07-01-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Ron, your request for a fixer D has been reviewed by the committee, and denied for the following reasons:

CODE 8798234: PETITIONER DID NOT SUBMIT ONE PAGE ESSAY ON WHY HE SHOULD OWN A DELOREAN
    CODE 6234322: PETITIONER DID NOT ATTACH $50 FEE TO DMCTODAY OWNERS COMMITTEE REVIEW BOARD

We hope you will re apply sometime in the future.

--DMCTODAY Owners Committee Review Board
    "We decide who deserves what."
    No, no. I was the winner of the essay contest before the rule changes several years ago with "Gluttons For Punishment: Looking For a 2nd DeLorean" and therefore exempt from both of these new rules for life.
    Please consult with Josh regarding this matter.
    Last edited by SteveSux; 07-02-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    "...no engine swaps...", OH OH!