Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Design and Drawings done for carb manifold finished

Design and Drawings done for carb manifold finished

I've been out of the loop for a year, when oil tanked I hunkered down and watched literally 90% (literally in the now antedeluvian sense) get laid off around me. But now things are on an even keep so I am dusting off projects.

One was a carb manifold.

This one is a dual plane. The piping is from a local tube bender, so they have legs, and thus there are a few fewer welds vs typical elbows, and fewer places for a potential vacuum leak. Bolt holes are outside of the main chambers so you attach the carb with a typical bolt and nut, eliminating the chance for stripped threads or a nut ending up in a valve. The best part, all flat parts are plasma table ready, so no machining is required, I can basically order a huge or small number, and dump the parts on any welder as a kit.

I have component pricing and am getting welding estimates. So I should have a prototype out soon. (Gona need to con Kraus into testing)

Here are a few renders of the model (The carb is just a quick dummy mockup for my own entertainment)

assembly 1.jpgassembly 2.jpgintake 1.jpg
    Rebuilding basket cases in parking lots since 2005.

87 Vette, 56 Metropolitan, 78 Vette, 81 DMC.

Administrator
    VIN
    Looks awesome, I'll be watching & waiting!

BTW, re you going to DCS?

Not this time. I'm directing my entertainment budget to getting my car street worthy.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Looks very promising
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by 48jeep View Post
    Not this time. I'm directing my entertainment budget to getting my car street worthy.
    Same. Money set asides are inevitably eaten by expenses of getting the car operable.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Same. Money set asides are inevitably eaten by expenses of getting the car operable.
    Yeah, until I replace my crumple tube, I'm not doing anything but scooting it around at 5mph. Thats next on the project list. I dont feel like paying 1.2 grand for a piece of folded metal.

VIN
    Looks expensive and fancy. I don't need one, but if there ends up being a production run, I'll probably buy one if I can afford it.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Oh, and welcome back.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Looks expensive and fancy.
    No and yes. I'm fairly certain it will come in at or below Bills much beloved previous model. My aluminum component prices are much much lower than mcmasters.

I don't know what all he included in his kit, but I guess I'll find out as I cobble this on to my own car.

What PSI and volume fuel pump have you carb people been running with the motorcraft 2100?

Also, do you still have that spare frame lying about?

VIN
    Sold the frame. Sorry sir.

When I get a chance I'll send you the part number for the fuel pump I'm using.