Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delorean at the New York International Auto Show

VIN

Delorean at the New York International Auto Show

I doubt many here are planning to attend the NYIAS this week but if you do try to stop by the Classic Car section. The New Jersey Automobile Museum has a great display of vintage cars and invited me to show my newly purchased very early VIN car. I've maintained this car since 2003 and now it's owner has decided reluctantly to allow me to be the next owner. His wife Cathy understandably wants her garage space back! He has resigned himself to only having one Delorean...I know that's terrible right?. This beauty is probably the cleanest sub 1000 VIN car I have ever seen and certainly is the best driving. The car has been warmly received and the crowds were huge last weekend. I will be at the display next Sunday if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by P. J. Grady Inc. View Post
    This beauty is probably the cleanest sub 1000 VIN car I have ever seen and certainly is the best driving.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Sounds like a beaut Rob

How factory original is the car? Is she a survivor, or has she received extensive replacement parts and modifications/upgrades/etc?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Forgot to ask, got any pictures? Would love to see what all you've done to it.

(Re: my last post, someone was bound to take the title sooner or later )

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Forgot to ask, got any pictures? Would love to see what all you've done to it.

(Re: my last post, someone was bound to take the title sooner or later )
    20160325_092209.jpg20160325_094225.jpgAttachment 750520160325_094315.jpg20160325_094343.jpg20160325_132140.jpg
    Upside down is the best I can do on pics for now as they are fine in my camera and computer but when I post on forums they turn upside down. I can't find anything in the "manage attachments" area of the forums to turn these back around.
    BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen. I couldn't pass it up. The car is mostly original but with all wear/maintenance items replaced and everything tweaked to work as the factory intended. There is a bit to do before it could be entered into a Concour's however. The obvious thing in the pic is the wavy factory applied body side rubstrips on the passenger side. What was that guy drinking that morning? I've only owned the car a week so there wasn't time to address that before the show.
    Rob
    Last edited by P. J. Grady Inc.; 03-29-2016 at 02:57 PM.

BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen.
    Amen to that! Dynamite driver you have there Even if the rub strip needs to be straightened. Not gonna lie, it's been a hell of a long time since my DeLorean looked that sharp.

Any interior or engine bay pics? Don't worry about rotation, I still can't figure it out here sometimes

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Amen to that! Dynamite driver you have there Even if the rub strip needs to be straightened. Not gonna lie, it's been a hell of a long time since my DeLorean looked that sharp.

Any interior or engine bay pics? Don't worry about rotation, I still can't figure it out here sometimes
    More pics will have to wait until Sunday at the earliest as that's the day I go get it back.
    Rob

VIN
    Let me fix Rob's upside down pictures for him...again. This car looks CLEAN!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    A video of my modifications can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc

VIN
    Upside down is the best I can do on pics for now as they are fine in my camera and computer but when I post on forums they turn upside down. I can't find anything in the "manage attachments" area of the forums to turn these back around.
    BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen. I couldn't pass it up. The car is mostly original but with all wear/maintenance items replaced and everything tweaked to work as the factory intended. There is a bit to do before it could be entered into a Concour's however. The obvious thing in the pic is the wavy factory applied body side rubstrips on the passenger side. What was that guy drinking that morning? I've only owned the car a week so there wasn't time to address that before the show.
    Rob
    Nice looking car Rob

So, which do you like driving more - this one, or the green machine?

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Let me fix Rob's upside down pictures for him...again. This car looks CLEAN!
    Thanks Pat

--Josh S.