Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shep's Mostly Broken and Unlabeled Parts

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Did this mean you were interested in parts, or was that just a general "I'll be in touch"? Everything without an "X" over it in the OP is still up for grabs.
    I may be interested in a few things, but don't hold anything for me.

I've been busy with my political endeavors the past couple of weeks, and am now getting caught up with my regular life and situating things back to my normal routine.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I may be interested in a few things, but don't hold anything for me.

I've been busy with my political endeavors the past couple of weeks, and am now getting caught up with my regular life and situating things back to my normal routine.
    No worries! These seem to be mostly slow sellers anyways, not that I'm in a rush to sell it all either.

Let's be honest, much of this is unsellable crap. Not that there aren't a few gems in here, but I'm fairly certain the majority of what I have is worth more in scrap than anything.

I will probably be starting a separate thread soon asking for a consensus on what can viably be sold and what's better off being scrapped.

In the interim, the starter is now in two pieces, solenoid and the remainder. Thinking back, I think we swapped it out for reliability, not because it was broken. After all, I did manage to start my D multiple times before the restoration that led to its removal, so it's probably still fine.

Going through my pictures (boxes are very scattered throughout my garage at the moment), I do see a few gems in the mix that I thought I'd type out for clarity:

Picture #1:
    - (x2) Metal hub sproket-to-six-hole thingy for wheels or some jazz (lower-left of pic)
    - Radiator cap

Picture #4:
    - Wires from distributor cap
    - Rubber hose with an in-line armature that goes to a diaphragm thing that makes a funny "shoooon-kk" noise when moved and has a nipple on the other end (vacuum sensor?)
    - Hose with the "Volvo" tag in case some concours dude is a huge stickler for Volvo tags

Picture #5:
    - Heat shields
    - Bad radiator (repairable)

Picture #6:
    - Unknown-status A/C compressor (might still be good, worth a gander)
    - Holy hell are those my asbestos heat shields? Sweet jesus I must've grabbed the disposal bag by mistake!

Picture #7:
    - Starter motor. Now in two pieces, but still functional I believe.

Picture #8:
    - "MacGyver Special Edition" Window screen. Drainage filter from PO.
    - Same bag as picture #6 good heavens almighty get this crap outta here why did I picture that twice?!

Picture #10
    - OEM coolant tank
    - Thermostat
    - Horns
    - Giant diameter short air hose looking thing from engine bay somewhere on passenger side methinks

Various pics:
    - Hose clamps. Lots and lots of hose clamps. (Sale as a cheap lot maybe?)
    - Bolts and nuts and washers oh my! (Sale as a cheap lot here too?)