Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shep's Mostly Broken and Unlabeled Parts

Finally got around to cataloging what I have, except most of it isn't worth my time and effort to catalog (lots and lots of hoses, nuts and bolts, etc.). If you see something you want, ID it for me so I can match it up! Part description is fine, part numbers are optional, but will help me find the cost of it easier.

Notes on cost: these are the mostly flexible bunch. I say "mostly" because I found a select few parts in all this that won't go for dirt cheap, but based on condition I can definitely drop the price accordingly. case in point: I will not sell the salvageable radiator for only $10. The aged hoses however can go for shipping alone, probably whatever fits in the box.

As items sell, I will update the pictures in this thread accordingly, whether it's by re-taking them or by simply marking off the parts that sell as such.

FULL SIZE IMAGES: Nab the image URL, remove the last "s" (so "01s.jpg" becomes "01.jpg"), and that will be the full size. Omitted below to save on bandwidth! (You're welcome!)

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

Picture #5

Picture #6

Picture #7

Picture #8 -- same bag from #6

Picture #9

Picture #10

More to come!
    Last edited by Shep; 03-04-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Hey Shep - how many miles were on your car when you purchased it, and do you believe the mileage to be accurate (or was there a known broken angle drive)?

I may be interested in a few things, depending upon how much usage they've seen.

Thanks
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Hey Shep - how many miles were on your car when you purchased it, and do you believe the mileage to be accurate (or was there a known broken angle drive)?

I may be interested in a few things, depending upon how much usage they've seen.

Thanks
    4,641.6 miles exactly upon removal of all parts shown above, which is a number I have memorized, written down, and probably photographed too as that's what it read when I got it in my driveway. I then had DPI Josh trailer it to his facility for the restoration, during which all of the above pictured parts were removed. I actually requested to keep as much as I could -- at the time, it was a treasure trove of originality. Now I enjoy the car more than the originality factor, although I do like to keep some things original for the uniqueness factor. The sentimental value is no longer with the parts, it's with the car and the memories I've made with driving it.

If I ever post transmission parts, those had about 100-200 extra miles on it -- we tried cleaning the valve body first to see if that would fix it, but it didn't, so DPI Josh pro-rated it towards the required rebuild.

As for the accuracy of the miles, the Bill of sale from '83 has 725 miles on it, and there are service records well documenting the miles being consistent for a number of years, going back to early 2000's, if not further (I do have them all in my possession, and some day I wish to scan them along with all the other documents I was provided with). The original owner didn't drive it much due to the low miles, knowing it's only original once, but occasionally got drove it around the block to keep everything in tip-top shape. Mostly he just ran it in the winter months to keep the fluids stirring. Unfortunately, after his passing in 2009, his son had it stored with a friend for a few years, where it was neglected and that's when most of the wear and tear happened. You may recall the original NCT's I had -- those were on the car when I got it. I did meet the son in person as he now lives in the same city as some of my in-laws, so he drove down and told me a lot of what he knew when I bought the car, although the neglect was not something he was even aware of.

From my estimates, only around 10% of the damage to parts in the car is from heat (not sure if any are above), maybe 5% from driving, 5% from dumb mistakes (that fuel pump sucked a bunch of bad gas after purchase when it was transported, both before and after it got here), and the other 80% is just from old age and improper long-term storage.

Wow that was verbose! Sorry about that, TL;DR 4,641.6 miles that I am 100% confident to be 99% accurate.
    Last edited by Shep; 03-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Perfect - thanks Shep, the detail is definitely appreciated

I'll be in touch!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Ramblin' Wreck from GT RamblinDMC's Avatar
    VIN
    Do the horns work? What would you want for them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    If I recall correctly, they were water damaged, although something tells me that may not be wholly accurate. I do remember they only briefly "clicked" when I first got the car, although that could be from a number of other issues like the low battery that I wound up killing in the first 24 hours I had it (I believe I left the key to "on" for a few hours, plus it was already an old battery).

Tell you what, I'll double check to see whether or not they work for you. Will keep you posted!

Waiting on an inline fuse to arrive before I test the horns Ramblin, should get here tomorrow.

Sale pending on the coolant bottle and fuel sender. Both need to be tested to verify condition.

Coolant tank back on the market. Too far off on price.

Fuel sender is sold!
    Last edited by Shep; 03-31-2016 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    Just tested, both work!

DMCH sells NOS ones for $18.71 in mint condition, I'll sell mine with the mounting brackets, which they charge about $5 for (including bolts/nuts/washers/etc.), so $23.71 per horn, or $47.42 for both. Factoring in shipping costs and discounting for use and visual defects, I'd say $15 each or $25 for both. Prices include shipping.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Has the distributor cap sold?
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.