Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Suggestions for rules?

  1. #1
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,482

    Suggestions for rules?

    I hate to do this but we need to start cleaning up this forum. I have no desire to be a dictator.

    Post what rules you would like to see and we will take a vote on them. Anyone who wants to start smack gets a 24 hour ban.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  2. #2
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,482
    I'll be the first to say, as much as I like the professor, we should have a rule preventing multiple accounts from this day forward.

    Without being biased towards anyone, I think we should also have a rule to avoid people making personal attacks towards other (for example, attacking a person for his or her service in the military). I like free discussion, I really do, but there is no point in making attacks against someone on a public forum. If you want to start crap do it in person and have a fist fight like a real man.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  3. #3
    1. The atheist on the board would like to recommend The Golden Rule.
    2. Going online to complain about someone just to embarrass them is the height of chicken shit behavior. See #1.
    3. Don't bring me down. (Bruce.)
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  4. #4
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    3. Don't bring me down. (Bruce.)
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  5. #5
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,481
    Giving product and if vendor review should be accepted and vendors attacking them unfairly should be told not to. Not to say there can't be a back and forth, but let's stick to facts people, not fantasy.

    Oh and admins shouldn't curse in caps to some members for the improper placement of a post, and then ask politely making sure they say please to people who insult our military veterans. :/
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

  6. #6
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,347
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rule 1: We ignore Lou's suggestions

    Also Lou has to make a sammich for the admin team for every violation.

    Seriously we don't need many rules. No mirror accounts, No porn, that's about it for now.

    As far as personal attacks I say bring it. Once we start censoring attacks then everytime some little pansy gets their feelings hurt we need a freaking rule change. Can't we all just suck it up?

  7. #7
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

    Seriously we don't need many rules. No mirror accounts, No porn, that's about it for now.

    As far as personal attacks I say bring it. Once we start censoring attacks then everytime some little pansy gets their feelings hurt we need a freaking rule change. Can't we all just suck it up?
    THIS PART of what you said I agree with. And I understand the first part was a fun ribbing. I'm just trying to make it so that things are fair around here.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

  8. #8
    I agree. What we had was fine. Be nice. That covers a lot. We don't even need to ban multiple accounts... admins are capable of outing who it is. If you're logging in to a fake account to ridicule, well see rule number one. That's not nice. It worked fine until too many folks forgot.

    I would really be bummed if this place turned into something else.

    I don't come here for Delorean chatter. I come here to talk about other things, and have a place to ask good people questions about my car if it comes up. Thankfully it rarely comes up. If I only wanted to use people for Delorean information I'd sit on Talk. I liked the people I found here when I came to find my own Delorean, so I stayed.

    I don't think new rules are the solution. Everyone just needs to simmer down and remember why we're here. To hang out... share things... pass the time. It would suck to lose that.

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    If you want to start crap do it in person and have a fist fight like a real man.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    1. The atheist on the board would like to recommend The Golden Rule.
    2. Going online to complain about someone just to embarrass them is the height of chicken shit behavior. See #1.
    +1


    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    I agree. What we had was fine. Be nice. That covers a lot. We don't even need to ban multiple accounts... admins are capable of outing who it is. If you're logging in to a fake account to ridicule, well see rule number one. That's not nice. It worked fine until too many folks forgot.

    I would really be bummed if this place turned into something else.

    I don't come here for Delorean chatter. I come here to talk about other things, and have a place to ask good people questions about my car if it comes up. Thankfully it rarely comes up. If I only wanted to use people for Delorean information I'd sit on Talk. I liked the people I found here when I came to find my own Delorean, so I stayed.

    I don't think new rules are the solution. Everyone just needs to simmer down and remember why we're here. To hang out... share things... pass the time. It would suck to lose that.
    ^ Excellent post....I think that covers it well. I wouldn't need to add to it, but Michael posted and I can't overlook the writings of our supreme leader:

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Rule 1: We ignore Lou's suggestions

    Also Lou has to make a sammich for the admin team for every violation.

    Seriously we don't need many rules. No mirror accounts, No porn, that's about it for now.

    As far as personal attacks I say bring it. Once we start censoring attacks then everytime some little pansy gets their feelings hurt we need a freaking rule change. Can't we all just suck it up?
    +1


    The good points above, rolled into one basically means: follow the golden rule, but if you can't/won't....at least don't be a wuss about it.

    Rich isn't an Internet toughguy, Rich minds his manners online and advocates for an octagon cage at DCS.....be like Rich.

  10. #10
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,481
    THANK YOU SEDATED !!!


    I applaud you sir !
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •