View Poll Results: Is NightFlyer A Good Admin Of This Forum?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    14 77.78%
  • No.

    4 22.22%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 114

Thread: Is NightFlyer a Good Admin?

  1. #11
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,459
    Blog Entries
    2
    My main point is that, if duplicate accounts are a problem, why is Bill being given impunity?

    Josh is not enforcing an equal standard.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

  2. #12
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    My main point is that, if duplicate accounts are a problem, why is Bill being given impunity?

    Josh is not enforcing an equal standard.
    No one was banned over your duplicate account. You just lost admin rights over it.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  3. #13
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,459
    Blog Entries
    2
    I never mentioned banning. I'm asking Josh point-blank WHY it's OK, in his eyes, to allow Bill to post from multiple accounts and my joke posts were unacceptable.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

  4. #14
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,481
    This is what I keep thinking of when I see info about Chad losing admin rights:




    Can somebody please embed this video for me?

    I love Chad as a friend and I do think there is some unfairness going on and that Josh takes himself too seriously. But come on guys! It's a car web forum! Lighten up!

    Don't take things so seriously.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

  5. #15
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Josh, you're showing an undue bias towards Bill. You called for me to be stripped of admin rights because I made a pair of joke posts with a dummy account that mirrored Bill's new name on Talk; posts that could obviously be interpreted as a joke, yet if Bill has an account that has a biased name which he has used to spew lies about a deal that he alleged took place between Lou and I it's OK because he signs his name to it?

    How is it fine if he wants to have a second account when you say his original one is still fine?

    How is that acceptable? Frankly, I question your judgement in regards to Bill as well. You're enforcing an uneven double standard in regards to duplicate accounts.
    1) Bill's screen name has NOTHING to do with the validity of the contents of his posts under that screen name - the two are disconnected and unrelated. Those reading his posts must make a judgment call as to the validity of the contents of posts, same as always and for everyone.

    EXAMPLE: If I made an account named 'Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,' would you believe that I was actually Jesus of Nazareth, taking everything I posted as Holy gospel and live your life accordingly?

    Bill has a new screen name, but still identifies himself as Bill. As I said before, where's the fire here?

    2) Bill has asserted his perspective of the deal (but not all of it - again, we still don't know all the facts). You and Lou have asserted your perspectives of the deal as well (but not all of it - again, we still don't know all the facts). They contradict with one another. We clearly have a 'he said, she said' going on here from the perspective of an outsider looking in. No one has any evidence outside of their own testimony.

    That said, I'm inclined to believe you and Lou over Bill about how the manifold exchange went down and to whom payment was made. However, we still don't know many of the relevant material facts such as how much Chad paid Bill for Lou's manifold and carb, when such was paid to Bill, the form of the payment, etc. Again, we still don't know all the facts, and yet, you act as if I should be making a judgment about the whole thing already. Sorry, but I can't do that without first knowing all the relevant material facts from both sides.

    3) You must recall the situation when Farrar accidentally edited one of Bill's comments, yes? Remember the shit storm that caused? And that was an innocent mistake. And yet, for whatever reason, you thought that an impostor account mocking Bill, in an environment where you and Lou were engaged in a standing feud with Bill, would be interpreted as being funny, as opposed to adding fuel to a fire that was already burning???

    Need I say more? I sincerely hope not. That was a bad judgment call my friend, especially considering your direct involvement/participation in the feud with Bill.

    4) Bill's original account should be fine, and he's welcome to return to it.

    5) What double standard am I engaged in exactly?

    Impostor accounts, anonymous accounts used for the sole purpose of attacking a member(s), and essentially any account used for evil/no good/to stir up shit/etc aren't tolerated and will be shut down when identified.

    Innocuous dual accounts, such as Ron and Lou had, and others may have, have NOT been shut down by myself. I knew that Lou was Prof Hinkley when he first created the account - it was very obvious. And it went on for years - I NEVER shut it down. If Lou wanted to use the account to talk to himself, I never had a problem with it, though it was a little weird, as Michael said.

    6) You "question my judgment in regards to Bill" - how so exactly? When Bill crossed the line concerning belittling your military service, and you actually expressed your dissatisfaction with such, I fully agreed with you and it was appropriately dealt with, wasn't it? The only reason I didn't do so myself earlier is because you could have done so yourself but you didn't. I even directly asked you about it on several occasions and your response was always that it didn't phase you and only made Bill appear to be foolish for those who were following along.

    I'm really confused at all of these unfounded and unsupported accusations
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  6. #16
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    This is what I keep thinking of when I see info about Chad losing admin rights:


    http://youtu.be/JY-1ZxYiE8I

    Can somebody please embed this video for me?

    I love Chad as a friend and I do think there is some unfairness going on and that Josh takes himself too seriously. But come on guys! It's a car web forum! Lighten up!

    Don't take things so seriously.
    I take the admin duties/functions VERY seriously, thank you very much. When admins don't take those duties/functions seriously, we wind up in situations as we have now.

    We've lost A LOT of respected members over the haphazard administration of other admins, in case you haven't noticed. If I didn't take those duties seriously, and had not corrected the erroneous administration of others, we'd have even more members jumping ship.

    Honestly Lou - where's the unfairness???

    If you're going to accuse me, at least have the courtesy of explaining yourself, and give me the chance to defend against it before you make a decision/judgment about me.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  7. #17
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    I LOVE Chad as well and he knows that.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  8. #18
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I never mentioned banning. I'm asking Josh point-blank WHY it's OK, in his eyes, to allow Bill to post from multiple accounts and my joke posts were unacceptable.
    See my above post.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  9. #19
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I take the admin duties/functions VERY seriously, thank you very much. When admins don't take those duties/functions seriously, we wind up in situations as we have now.

    We've lost A LOT of respected members over the haphazard administration of other admins, in case you haven't noticed. If I didn't take those duties seriously, and had not corrected the erroneous administration of others, we'd have even more members jumping ship.

    Honestly Lou - where's the unfairness???

    If you're going to accuse me, at least have the courtesy of explaining yourself, and give me the chance to defend against it before you make a decision/judgment about me.
    Josh, I dont have time to copy the posts where you seemed harsher to me than Bill. A member who I do not know saw and stated that as well. Also how would anyone know if we lost 'respected members'.

    Let's end this and move on. I can't be on this phone all day and as is I mostly use the voice feature to type so I can do it while juggling other things .
    So I apologize again because I cannot search for and post the 'evidence' but I know you know what I am talking about. And I understand your explanation on the 1st offense, 2 offense thing. I still dont think it's right to for admins to say they are getting or would get pissed it that they don't have time for this "s*it" (in caps or not) but that just shows how I'd like to be treated by Admins, and that MAY be a reason why we are losing members if that is truly the case. Not that I would know how to know if we are or not.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

  10. #20
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Josh, I dont have time to copy the posts where you seemed harsher to me than Bill. A member who I do not know saw and stated that as well. Also how would anyone know if we lost 'respected members'.

    Let's end this and move on. I can't be on this phone all day and as is I mostly use the voice feature to type so I can do it while juggling other things .
    So I apologize again because I cannot search for and post the 'evidence' but I know you know what I am talking about. And I understand your explanation on the 1st offense, 2 offense thing. I still dont think it's right to for admins to say they are getting or would get pissed it that they don't have time for this "s*it" (in caps or not) but that just shows how I'd like to be treated by Admins, and that MAY be a reason why we are losing members if that is truly the case. Not that I would know how to know if we are or not.
    1) You're confusing my exchange with you and my exchange with Chad over banning Bill, which had nothing to do with you.

    2) I'm glad that you at least you see my point about 1st request, 2nd request, 3rd request, etc, even if you don't agree with me. Personally, I thought that getting tough with you was better than banning you or placing you on moderated status.

    3) As I stated before, you can go back and re-read my exchange with you, as the reality of the situation is VERY different than how you're presenting it now:

    http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?2...-Not-Tolerated

    Please, re-read that entire thread. Then, come back and tell me if you really think that I was being unfair with you.

    4) We've lost Farrar (in an unrelated incident), Bill, MattDavid, and at least 6 other members who've told me via PMs that they wish to remain anonymous. Several more told me that unless we got out shit together, that they'd be leaving as well. This was all in regards to Chad's destructive administration. I'm not making this up Lou - I assure you that it's very true.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •