Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Matching Tire Sets (Non-OEM Sized Rears or Fronts)

VIN
    How are your tires handling up? Mine are a few years old and like any other tire, will eventually need to be replaced. I'm happy with my pep boy tires (cooper) but am thinking ahead for next time I need tires.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Price seems to have dropped a little as well. I'm just window shopping, but I put those tire sizes on the tiresbyweb website and it came up at $496 for the set.

I wonder if they are selling new rubber or if this is stuff that was produced back on 2013.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    How are your tires handling up? Mine are a few years old and like any other tire, will eventually need to be replaced. I'm happy with my pep boy tires (cooper) but am thinking ahead for next time I need tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Price seems to have dropped a little as well. I'm just window shopping, but I put those tire sizes on the tiresbyweb website and it came up at $496 for the set.

I wonder if they are selling new rubber or if this is stuff that was produced back on 2013.
    The tires are holding up GREAT with about 6,000 miles logged on them so far - I estimate around 80% tread remaining.

I also haven't noticed any cracking in either the sidewall or the tread, and just inspected them yesterday while doing some work on my car.

The ride is exactly as it was when you rode with me to/from the Woodward Dream Cruise a couple years ago.

A price drop is always welcome and $125/tire shipped isn't bad for top quality

Vredestein still shows the Sportrac 5 as being in active production, but I have no idea what the demand is here in the states for such tires in our sizes. As I was the one who convinced them to import them after many months of continued begging, I'm thinking that it's relatively low, thus my guess is that they're probably selling stuff that was manufactured in either late '13 or early '14, not that such would be bad, as warehouses tend to store them in cool dark places, and Tirebyweb ships to you directly from the warehouse.

I'll have them on my car at Andrews and you can take a look see / test drive for yourself
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.