Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Banning Members

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Bill didn't agree, but I decided that, since he was previously OK with everything, all my obligations are met.
    Well, that's for you guys to work out I guess.

What are you going to do if he sends you back your camshaft though, as he previously stated he was going to do?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'm not seeing where Bill insulted you and Lou in the wait list thread. Were posts deleted that I'm unaware of?
    Some were; particularly those where he urged others to follow his example and attack me.

Again, I'm not following this. I guess I need examples. Lou whines all the time - just take a look at this thread alone for proof of that.

The only thing that Bill whined about that I'm aware of is people crapping on the wait list thread.

Bill was indeed reprimanded more, though, most of the past reprimands were largely unjustified - such as the time that Bill's threads in the Open section were segregated by you and Michael. That made NO SENSE what-so-ever.
    Bill also whined about me being an admin and a member of the forum because of what he THINKS I believe.

Well, that's for you guys to work out I guess.

What are you going to do if he sends you back your camshaft though, as he previously stated he was going to do?
    Put it on a shelf. I went through a lot of trouble to pull it for him and, following salvage yard SOP, there are no returns since he changed his mind several months later.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Some were; particularly those where he urged others to follow his example and attack me.
    Because we frown upon deletion, I like to leave a note in the thread where the post(s) deletion occurred, explaining exactly why I deleted said posts. The only time I don't leave a note is if I'm deleting a duplicate post. Transparency of administration was one of the principles upon which the forum was founded, right?

Bill also whined about me being an admin and a member of the forum because of what he THINKS I believe.
    Was that in the wait list thread, or is this all going back to the Nazi thread? I didn't think that you took the crap in the Nazi thread personally or literally, as you posted at least a couple times in that thread stating that Bill's accusations didn't phase you and that they only went to show how foolish he was being about the whole thing. Did you change your mind / position about that?

Put it on a shelf. I went through a lot of trouble to pull it for him and, following salvage yard SOP, there are no returns since he changed his mind several months later.
    Sounds fair to me.

Pertaining to your contractual relations with Bill, everytime the subject comes up, the forum learns of new details. That's why I suggested public adjudication of the situation here on the forum, as it would allow both side to tell their full versions of the story with all the details surrounding said transactions.

While we've always been good and I've no reason to doubt your word, I've also always been good with Bill, thus I've no reason to doubt his word either.

As the situation has already been publicized here, I just wish that we had all the facts from both sides of the equation, so that the matter could be definitively resolved, at least as far as the forum's aspect of the situation is concerned. As it is, all we really have are incomplete stories from both sides, where-upon new info is shared every time the issue comes up.

Perhaps Bill would agree to an adjudication, as you both appear to have legitimate grievances, and neither side is willing to budge from their respective positions. For the sake of the forum though, I think it'd be worth attempting to resolve the situation. I know that you already stated that you were game. I'll see if I can get Bill to agree.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.