Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deleting posts

VIN
    It's that box you connect ethernet cables to.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    What's a box.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    What is a managed switch?
    It's a Layer 3 switch Lou.....a Layer 2 switch with a router under the hood.

In this application I don't think they have IP routing enabled, so I expect to make some changes "while I'm in there."

*correction: a managed switch isn't necessarily a Layer 3 switch. I was thinking the managed switch I'm going to work on is a Layer 3 switch (a Layer 2 switch with a router under the hood.)

Administrator
    VIN
    Perfect answer

VIN
    Managed switches are cool. If rich knew the password he could do all that stuff remotely. Well, if they have a Wan connection.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Managed switches are cool. If rich knew the password he could do all that stuff remotely. Well, if they have a Wan connection.
    Exactly. (...you're good brah!) That is, if remote access was configured. The company I work for provides a /29 public subnet to this customer and they have a few unused live IP's; after I'm in, I'll probably assign one as a management IP and likely will need to use it in the future. I'm expecting that since they didn't have someone for a simple password recovery, I'll also be recruited for a few other things (like setting up remote management.) Should be a fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Exactly. (...you're good brah!) That is, if remote access was configured. The company I work for provides a /29 public subnet to this customer and they have a few unused live IP's; after I'm in, I'll probably assign one as a management IP and likely will need to use it in the future. I'm expecting that since they didn't have someone for a simple password recovery, I'll also be recruited for a few other things (like setting up remote management.) Should be a fun day.
    I forgot Rich was IT. Me too It's nice being lazy sometimes and just being a user.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    I forgot Rich was IT. Me too It's nice being lazy sometimes and just being a user.

Even though I have a Cisco cert, I'm still gangster! -lol

Hey, do you IT guys have any experience setting up a PC-based home surveillance system?

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    Hey, do you IT guys have any experience setting up a PC-based home surveillance system?
    I use IP cameras..easy peasy and you can monitor from any device anywhere and no monthly charges...uses your home WiFi