Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Farrar says goodbye.

VIN
    The goodbye and Farrar thread have been merged.

Basically Farrar got his feelings hurt (over what, I don't know) and decided to start deleting stuff from the forum.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I've secured a backup of the forum from last night and I'm in the process of learning how to restore the data he removed.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Due to an error on my part, I corrupted the forum and had to restore back to a backup made earlier tonight. I'm still learning how to do this database stuff. Sorry guys. Blame Farrar, not me.
    You're doing fine and it's not your fault if Farrar deleted stuff that wasn't his to delete.

Technically, he shouldn't have deleted his own posts, though if he wanted to for whatever reason, OK, I can live with that.

But if he deleted other's posts in the process of deleting his own, then he essentially stole from us, which I have a HUGE problem with.

Needless to say, I'm not very happy about the situation.....

But it's definitely NOT your fault in any way, shape, or form.

Farrar owes us a BIG apology, even if he doesn't ever want to come back to the forum.

What a complete POS IMHO.....
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    His account hasn't be deactivated however his admin rights were revoked immediately.

VIN
    I've secured a backup of the forum from last night and I'm in the process of learning how to restore the data he removed.
    Well that's good

No rush on it.

You're doing a great job in your commitment to getting it back up

--Josh S.

VIN
    Rest assured, the data is intact and will be restored in the near future.

VIN
    His account hasn't be deactivated however his admin rights were revoked immediately.
    Wish I could help restore things, however I wouldn't even know where to start.

Did he delete whole threads beyond his 'car blog' thread?

If not, then I personally wouldn't worry about restoring his lost thread, as it's not worth the time/effort or risk involved of potentially losing other content during the attempt - we'll just chalk it up to poor judgment on our part for trusting him with such privileges as we did, and learn from that mistake.

If so, however, then it's worth trying to restore that which was lost.

Just my two cents anyway.....

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I wish I could say it's been fun.
    I wish that you wouldn't have been a complete ASSHAT when you left. f you wanted to leave, you could have done so gracefully, but no - instead, you actively made the choice to be an ASSHOLE and betray us (Steve most of all) and the principles upon which this forum was founded and operated.

Sorry man, but I forever lost the respect that I once had for you, and you've no one to blame but yourself for that (though I'm quite certain that you couldn't care less, as apparently, that's the kind of person you really are).

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Wish I could help restore things, however I wouldn't even know where to start.

Did he delete whole threads beyond his 'car blog' thread?

If not, then I personally wouldn't worry about restoring his lost thread, as it's not worth the time/effort or risk involved of potentially losing other content during the attempt - we'll just chalk it up to poor judgment on our part for trusting him with such privileges as we did, and learn from that mistake.

If so, however, then it's worth trying to restore that which was lost.

Just my two cents anyway.....
    I don't know anything about restoring it either but I have the backup and it will be restored. I am not Tamir.

Wow! I wondered what happened? After i wished him luck on his exams, lol. I thought i pissed him off, or lou...or hes just a jerk...
    Shelby profita