Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Farrar says goodbye.

Farrar says goodbye.

I wish I could say it's been fun.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    We don't close threads here.

Thread opened
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    He also deleted everything. I'm stripping him of those rights and going to see if I can restore it. I was in the process of PM-ing you and Josh.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN

Farrar

As of right now Farrar's admin rights are being revoked due to him deleting years of content from this site. This website is based on trust, and Farrar broke that trust.

The account will remain activated (no one gets banned or deactivated from DMCToday), however this will be the ultimate test of restoring data.

People are PMing me like crazy. Thats the official word right now.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Due to an error on my part, I corrupted the forum and had to restore back to a backup made earlier tonight. I'm still learning how to do this database stuff. Sorry guys. Blame Farrar, not me.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Close enough, Thanks Steve.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Unfortunately the insults towards Farrar will have to be keyed in manually. Please feel free to repost whatever nasty things you already said about Farrar.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Unfortunately the insults towards Farrar will have to be keyed in manually. Please feel free to repost whatever nasty things you already said about Farrar.
    Nahhh, the damage is done, let it die off and move forward...just like the angry white race.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN

Just got back from a debate viewing party, and I see this......

So what did I miss exactly? What brought this on?

Did he delete his entire thread? What about his posts in other threads?

The problem with deleting his thread(s) is that not only did he wipe out all of his posts, but also the posts of everyone else who cared enough to reply to this thread(s), of which he shouldn't have done. Needless to say, I'm NOT very happy about that - especially since he was well aware of our policies regarding deleting and altering posts.

Basically, not only did he leave, but by doing what he did when he left, he essentially gave us all the proverbial finger as well. IMHO, such actions are equivalent to that of a spoiled petulant child.

Is his account still active?
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    As of right now Farrar's admin rights are being revoked due to him deleting years of content from this site. This website is based on trust, and Farrar broke that trust.

The account will remain activated (no one gets banned or deactivated from DMCToday), however this will be the ultimate test of restoring data.

People are PMing me like crazy. Thats the official word right now.
    What happened?

If Farrar deleted posts other than his own, then he essentially stole copyrighted material without authorization.

Thus, if ever wants back on, he first owes us (the community as a whole) an apology for doing what he did.
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.