Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 197

Thread: Say hello! - the introductions thread

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Birmingham al
    VIN
    03513
    Posts
    10
    Hello I am Andy Blackmon owner of 03513 since 1982 ( wow same car for 31 years) The car is in mint shape (tons of money spent on it) and I plan to take it with me when I go (have no plans to go).

  2. #22
    Hi, Matt David here. Owner for 10 years this year. Some of you may recognize me from Facebook (which I have not used for 5 months now). I don't use my real name because I don't want to be "googled" by curious members of the public that I interact with as part of my work.

    I run the 3.0L engine because my original engine's motor mount extrusion cracked off of the lower crankcase, and later developed a cracked cylinder head. Gosh, if I had only known how much work it would be to do a frame-off at the same time as the swap! Anyway, I'll be here to help where I can, and to sell parts to avoid eBay's abusive 10% final value fee.

  3. #23
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Hi, Matt David here. Owner for 10 years this year. Some of you may recognize me from Facebook (which I have not used for 5 months now). I don't use my real name because I don't want to be "googled" by curious members of the public that I interact with as part of my work.

    I run the 3.0L engine because my original engine's motor mount extrusion cracked off of the lower crankcase, and later developed a cracked cylinder head. Gosh, if I had only known how much work it would be to do a frame-off at the same time as the swap! Anyway, I'll be here to help where I can, and to sell parts to avoid eBay's abusive 10% final value fee.
    Thanks for joining. You are certainly welcome to sell whatever Delorean stuff you have in the for sale thread. Unlike the other forum, you don't need to have 20 something posts to sell.

    There is really only one rule on this forum which is, "Don't be evil". I'll post it somewhere on the home page when I figure out how to do so. lol
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  4. #24
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,459
    Blog Entries
    2
    I moved this thread here and made it a sticky; since DeLorean ownership isn't a requirement to be a member.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I moved this thread here and made it a sticky; since DeLorean ownership isn't a requirement to be a member.
    My bad. I didn't know you had to own a DeLorean to participate in General DeLorean Dicussion. Especially since it isn't mentioned.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

    Hire my voice!

  6. #26
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,459
    Blog Entries
    2
    You don't. It just seemed more like a general topic conversation. Now, "Introduce Your DeLorean" is more fitting for that section.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Va
    VIN
    2808 6921
    Posts
    142
    Greetings,
    Chuck Doane here, owner of useless hunks of fiberglass and metal 2808 (grooved, flapped Stage II engine, black int, Auto) and 6921 (FAST AND FURIOUS BABY). I have been a Delorean owner for 6 years.

  8. #28
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    Greetings,
    Chuck Doane here, owner of useless hunks of fiberglass and metal 2808 (grooved, flapped Stage II engine, black int, Auto) and 6921 (FAST AND FURIOUS BABY). I have been a Delorean owner for 6 years.
    Hi Chuck - very nice introduction!

    As I'm looking at a building a performance (400bhp) PRV for #1798 in the near future, I'm curious as to what makes 6921 "FAST AND FURIOUS?"
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  9. #29
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'm curious as to what makes 6921 "FAST AND FURIOUS?"
    Maybe he removed the radiator.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  10. #30
    I believe this is the "Fast & Furious" aka "Crablorean."
    FFD-Dside2.jpg



    Welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •