Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Say hello! - the introductions thread

hey im brandon owner of 5873, i think i know or met most of everyone before, i used to live in orlando now im back in greenville sc, long story short my car sat for 12 years and needed alot of work i did some myself and houston did a good bit too, i like to go to tech meets and been too the last two dcs and enjoy every bit of it, my car is improving over the past few years and thanks to the help of especally steve and bill for coming long ways to help me work on my car so big thumbs up to them, its hard for me to find time to post alot becuase im usually busy with work or other things but ill be sure to pop in from time to time, and good job at making the word about dmctoday get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Hey, that's where all of my horns were manufactured!
    How about that!! thats's where i used to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom kish vin.4357 View Post
    How about that!! thats's where i used to work!!
    You worked at the Bach factory? I bow to you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    You worked at the Bach factory? I bow to you, sir!
    Yep worked there for 32 years!! first 30 were GOOD then they brought new people in that ran the place into the ground, sad thing to watch!! what do you have from Bach?

VIN
    Yep worked there for 32 years!! first 30 were GOOD then they brought new people in that ran the place into the ground, sad thing to watch!! what do you have from Bach?
    I don't know about Farrar but I have a trumpet from Bach.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I have three Bach Stradivarius trumpets: a model 37 that I've had for years, and a model 43 (with reversed leadpipe) which I got in college, and a Model 239 which dates from the early 1970s -- it has the slightly different finger hook on the leadpipe, and a previous owner converted it to a tuning-bell. I also have a Bach Stradivarius flugelhorn that I traded my old Blessing flugel for, because the Blessing was a four-valve flugel and weighed a ton! I was playing in a British Brass Band at the time and holding that thing up to my face for a whole concert was too much work for my skinny arms. LOL

Alas, I've never been to Elkhart, but I always wanted to see the factory. I also wanted to visit the good folks at Anderson Plating, who plated and re-fitted the valves on my Model 37 back in the 1990s and did just a fantastic job with it.

My brand loyalty broke when I needed a piccolo trumpet: I found a used Getzen Eterna for $350. For that price, I couldn't resist. It paid for itself after five weddings. LOL But it is a hope of mine to get a hold of one of the Mount Vernon Bachs. My old trumpet teacher had one, and it had the most gorgeous, balanced tone I've ever heard. Supposedly, there's a factory in Canada or somewhere making copies of the Mount Vernon horns, but I'm not sure I would trust an imitation, no matter how good it is...

Small world!! I was supervisor of the punch press dept. in 1985. to 2003. My Dept. made all the trumpet blanks at Bach, student, step up, and your Bach Stradivarius. We also made all the trombone blanks, student, and Bach trombones, and the one piece Bach Stradivarius flugelhorn. About your BRAND LOYALTY, when they brought in outside people to run the company i watched as they dumped on the loyal old time employees, first getting rid of people with 20,30, some with 40 years of loyalty to the company. After dumping us they turned on the workers on the factory floor pushing them to strike. Elkhart went from about 400 horns a day to about 60!! So please don't talk about Bach loyalty, there is no such loyalty.
    Last edited by tom kish vin.4357; 07-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.

I'm James, aka thirdmanj, and I like DeLoreans. Its a nice car for a white person, or black person.

(Forgive me if I didn't get that exactly right, Steve, the video I was referencing is private now )
    Keeper and seller of cocks. Currently on the ro[o]ster: 2 cocks, Big Ed and Little Ed, and 3 hens; Angelina Jolie, Missy Eliot and Jane Fonda.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I'm James, aka thirdmanj, and I like DeLoreans. Its a nice car for a white person, or black person.

(Forgive me if I didn't get that exactly right, Steve, the video I was referencing is private now )

Haha. Here is the original video for anyone that cares.

Incidentally, I had no idea this forum would cause such stink on the other one. Oh, well. No worries and no, I'm not mad at Mike. In fact, I was going to give him a big kiss at Darren Decker's tech day but Mike was too afraid to show up when he realized I was already at the tech day. I was honestly looking forward to seeing the guy.

Oh well, end of rant.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    future
    my name is David, and im a lamer who doesnt own a DeLorean.

ive wanted one for over 17 years, and i finally have a job that is lucrative enough for me to save up enough money to actually buy one.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%