Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Say hello! - the introductions thread

Smile Say hello! - the introductions thread

I thought I'd get the ball rolling here by introducing myself and my D. I'm Farrar, the owner of #2613, a black automatic. I bought it in November of 2007 and it's currently in my garage awaiting some electrical and fuel system work.

Your turn...

VIN
    I think everyone knows me. I'm Steve Rice and I drive a manual transmission grey car. November 2013 will be our 4 year anniversary. I wish I knew how to spell.

Anyway, aside from my semi obsession with Deloreans, I also drive a 65 Mustang, and am a world traveler. I've been to something like 31 countries, 7 continents, and all of the 50 states. If I ever offer to travel across the USA to help you with something, believe me when I say I will. Ask Brandon Barber and he will testify.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    My name is Chad; for those that don't know.

I've owned a DeLorean; sometimes multiples, since 2007 and try to put 10,000 miles a year on my car. I specialize in 1970s cars; both as a business and a hobby, and I'm NOT a self-proclaimed expert on all things DeLorean. I'm sure we'll get one of those here soon enough...

I'm most known for being a fan of the DeLorean itself and of the somewhat controversial opinion that the DeLorean is strong enough of a car to stand on its own without the crutch of Back to the Future.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    I'm Josh S., owner of #1798 - gas flap hood, dark grey wheels with Goodyear NCTs, fixed-mast fender mounted antenna, black interior, 5-speed. Other than a FanZilla and LockZilla, the car is currently 99.8% concours original, however, I'm not an ardent/rigid purist by any sense. I also don't take anything personal, and thus can't be offended, so I expect everyone here to be completely honest with me at all times.

Both my parents worked at AMC in Kenosha, WI, leading to my early and life long obsession with cars. I'm also into '80's era analog audio/video equipment, movies, music, and maintaining/upgrading my home in Sunfield, MI. I like different, thus a lot of people think I'm weird/eccentric, but then again, who isn't - right?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Hello I'm Tom, owner of #4357 no gas flap,hood has groves, wide stripe, gray interior, auto. my car is about 95% original and looks great!! live in Elkhart Ind.and are doing some of the local car shows.

I'm H.E. Pennypacker... wealthy industrialist, philanthropist, bicyclist.

Black interior automatic, September '81 build. Mostly unmodified car, save for a stereo upgrade. For most everything else on the car, if it makes it more reliable or safe, then it gets improved or upgraded. That's pretty much how I look at it.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 07-04-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Twilight Zone made me do it
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Quote Originally Posted by tom kish vin.4357 View Post
    live in Elkhart Ind.
    Hey, that's where all of my horns were manufactured!

Alright... Everybody can relax. I'm here now

2 year owner of #4456. '81, gooved hood - no flap, grey interior, 5-speed.

I knew absolutely nothing about fixing cars before I got my DeLorean. Since then I have done an extensive top end engine refurb and tackled a number of other projects - usually fixing stuff that I accidentally broke in an attempt to fix something else entirely.
    Today I know a little, but not much, more than when I started.

Cheers
    Steven

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Alright... Everybody can relax. I'm here now
    About time - I was on edge on all day!

Welcome to the forum!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    usually fixing stuff that I accidentally broke in an attempt to fix something else entirely.
    That's how I learn!

And also how I periodically go broke!

Welcome.