Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Market Meltdown!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I told many friends that when the Fed raises the interest rates the Dow would lose 1,000 points before the end of the week. I was a little off base...took them about a month. I wonder if the Fed who was absolutely chomping at the bit for a reason...ANY REASON to raise rates now wishes it could go back in time and hold off? Many economists warned against raising rates, except of course the economists who happend to be bankers, they were all for it. This makes me wonder if the Fed must swallow that hard pill and lower interest rates and if so, what message would that send to the markets being just a month from the raise?

I had a feeling that this would be a bad week for everyone. Since we are all but in China's back pocket, what's bad for them is bad for us. People are blaming the oil price drop but I think there is much much more to this weeks plunge and oil has very little to do with it.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    One of the warnings is saying 80% market drop this year. I don't think that is possible but the markets are still overvalued if you just look at the past years. Dropping 25% would probably bring it back to normal
    The ones who are saying that are the same ones who are selling gold, silver, and freeze dried food and solar panels. Then again, there has ALWAYS been a doomesday group out there preaching end times. I see a big correction on the horizon, and to be honest, the sooner it comes the better. Take our medicine and start to heal...Hold it off too long and it really will be too late.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

The Fed should not determine interest rates by looking at the market (well if a crash, yes). What are they going to do if it does crash and interest is already zero? The markets have gained way to much because of the long zero interest.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Japan scenario. That is all.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

At least we get updated pictures

so worrried.JPG
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Came across this one on Foxnews...too funny:

rinescrossed.jpg

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    ^Delorean buyers