Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shep's OEM Parts

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Haven't heard of those before to be honest (mine came mat-less, but then again, wasn't sold at a dealership either). These were bought as a set from DMCH when I first got the car in Spring 2012. If that rules it out for you, no worries! I know you're a concours guy, so this probably won't fit the bill.

Here's a pic -- sorry for the poor color of that picture, my S6 Edge doesn't do well in low-lighting situations, even with the flash. I can re-take them indoors if desired. (Yes, I know my garage floor is a trainwreck -- pitted, formerly painted green, decades-old concrete desperately in need of an overhaul!)

EDIT: If you want high-res, change the "01s.jpg" to "01.jpg" -- remove the s -- and it'll show up. I tend to only link to resized pictures nowadays, but still have the full-res on the server with the same standard.
    Concours doesn't allow the floor mats period because they didn't come from the Dunmurry factory - you have to take them out of your car prior to being judged or they'll deduct points.

A dealership offered accessory was a juke backed wool floor mat - not sure where they were made (I'll have to check Barrie's book or ask him about it over on FB).

Anyway, I've been using my original dealership floor mats full time, but would like to preserve them for posterity, thus I'm always watching for an alternative set that don't break the bank.

I'll take them if they're not already spoken for. Let me know via PM
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    BTW - It's a fair price on the mats. The last set of used DMCH mats that were sold on eBay (by our friend Patrick C. aka DMCPat) went for $61/shipped, but they had more use and weren't in as good of shape:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-Flo...p2047675.l2557

--Josh S.

This has become a mini-documentary on floor mats. I like it

Speaking of which, they're now sold! Will also be throwing the steering wheel up on eBay soon.

Anyone have any interest in bad/broken parts? May start another thread on this if there's interest. Genuinely curious -- I have a stockpile of them that I'm willing to sell for uber-cheap (90% and higher savings). I'm more interested in seeing these parts salvaged and reused than anything, but if it can't be reasonably done, I'll scrap them no problem.
    I buy broken stuff all the time.

VIN
    Ditto on broken stuff, so long as the price is nice

--Josh S.

VIN
    Having purchased a few things from Shep, I just wanted to drop a note here saying that everything I've received from him thus far has been exactly as described/pictured, nicely packed, and quickly shipped, and communication with him is a breeze.

Definitely an A+ seller from my experiences with him and highly recommended

Also, I'm splitting the floor mat discussion into it's own thread, as there seems to be a good deal of interest about them - that new thread can be found here:

http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?1974-Floor-Mats

--Josh S.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I don't let them get to me. You should have your auction set to automatically decline any offer that was unacceptable. There's nothing like the sting of sending a offer only to have it immediately thrown back into your face without the seller even so much as knowing you exist.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

That's a good point, I forgot to set that up for this one. I usually do, and it would've rejected both of his offers right away. I'll get on that.

EDIT:
    Seems eBay is misbehaving at the moment and doesn't have that functionality available for my item (archiving my messages threw an error too). I'll wait a few days and contact them if it's still not resolved.
    Mike, as someone else selling on eBay, I get these messages all of the time. When I posted a driver's side torsion bar, I received an offer of $200 (it eventually sold for $899). Even on custom, one-off parts that I create in my garage, I receive lowball offers from notable members of the DeLorean community that would not even cover the cost of the 304 stainless steel stock.

Just suck it up and keep on truckin'. Don't make an enemy and give someone a reason to vandalize your car at DCS (similar things have happened).

In case anyone's wondering why I jacked up the price of my wheel by $50, it's because I got a troll offering $121.88 for it. 1.21 gigawatts, 88 MPH, yeah no. Blocked that buyer too to prevent him from showing up on any future ads (with a score of 22 and low activity, I honestly can't see him paying if I accepted any of his offers. Probably just a kid on his Mom's PayPal account). I did finally find the best offer rejection settings, and adjusted it accordingly. Made a mental note of its location for future reference too. What a bugger to find.

Just to be clear, the steering wheel on here is still $400 OBO. Consider it a "Todayer discount".

Rocker cylinder cover without pipe sold! With pipe is half price.

To reiterate what I have said in the OP, prices are flexible. I am not an appraiser, I'm just a guy trying to clear out his garage. If you see a price that seems excessively high, send me a message and politely let me know that it's not worth what I'm asking for it.

(Although that being said, I might be in use of an appraiser. What's the depreciation percentage when you've got 5K miles on these kinds of parts? Ashamed that I work for an insurance company and don't know this...)

Rocker cylinder cover without pipe sold! With pipe is half price.

To reiterate what I have said in the OP, prices are flexible. I am not an appraiser, I'm just a guy trying to clear out his garage. If you see a price that seems excessively high, send me a message and politely let me know that it's not worth what I'm asking for it.

(Although that being said, I might be in use of an appraiser. What's the depreciation percentage when you've got 5K miles on these kinds of parts? Ashamed that I work for an insurance company and don't know this...)

You're a car insurance guy? How often has your company paid out "diminished value" claims to a party where your customer was at fault?