Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shep's OEM Parts

Last edited by Shep; 03-04-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Can you post some pics of the tires?
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Don’t have any existing pictures, so I'll nab them tonight after work for you (12-ish hours from now). I'll whip out my tire depth gauge for the occasion too!
    Sounds good - thanks Shep

--Josh S.

VIN
    Thanks Shep

The spares have surprisingly pulled some pretty good money on eBay, so if I were in your shoes, that's the avenue I'd pursue as to the spare.

As to the NCT's, I'm going to be brutally honest, but fair, so please don't hate me if you don't like what I have to say about them - I'd rather give it to you straight as opposed to dicking around and sugar coating it. That's how we all pretty much operate here on Today, as opposed to the 'PC' crowd over on Talk.

Yeah, the fronts are pretty much junk, and I wouldn't be interested in them at all. However, I am interested in the rears, even though they're not that great either (tread and sidewalls look good, but you can see a lot of cracking in between the tread, suggesting that they've been dried out due to improper storage at some point in the past). Basically, I'd tube the rears and keep them as backups. I already have several sets of well preserved NCTs and don't really need any more, however, if you want to get rid of them and get some space back, then I could pick them up on a trip to/from DPI that I have to make in the near future for a wheel swap. Not meaning to insult you, but the most I could offer for them is $40 - anything more than that, and I just can't justify it to basically keep them stored in my basement indefinitely next to other better sets. I'd also take the fronts and get rid of them to rid you of the burden of doing so if you didn't want to deal with them further.

If someone else comes out of the woodwork wanting them, then more power to 'em. If not though, and if you'd prefer that they take up room at my place as opposed to yours, then let me know and we'll work out the details from there.

Again, thanks much for the detailed pics - that was great

--Josh S.

VIN
    Sounds good buddy - I don't blame ya one bit.

Best luck

--Josh S.

On any of the bigger or awkward items that are currently pick up only. If purchased we will assist Shep with shipping logistics if needed via our company accounts to assist with sale. On average for example an exhaust system can ship anywhere in country for 40-80 depending on location.

VIN
    Hi i am chasing a spare spacesaver rim only, do you have one for sale? I am in Australia but willing to pay all costs,
    If I could Find a cheap international freight option I have a very good sent of original front tyres with around 50% tread and even wear, no cracking, that I have just removed and will probably get thrown out, good for all those concourse guys over where you are.
    Cheers
    Dave

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by airfireman1 View Post
    Hi i am chasing a spare spacesaver rim only, do you have one for sale? I am in Australia but willing to pay all costs,
    If I could Find a cheap international freight option I have a very good sent of original front tyres with around 50% tread and even wear, no cracking, that I have just removed and will probably get thrown out, good for all those concourse guys over where you are.
    Cheers
    Dave
    I couldn't see it being much more expensive to ship with installed rubber. Is there a reason you only want the wheel/rim, and not the tire as well?

--Josh S.

VIN
    Just thought it would be cheaper to ship. For some reason shipping costs to Australia by some companies are outrageous. But if its not much more I would consider a complete wheel and tyre.
    For some reason, my RHD Vin 12181 had no spare and I am always concerned about getting a puncture. I have relatives in Houston and they can bring it to Australia when they return in January, so it would just need to be sent there.
    Cheers
    Dave

VIN
    There you go Shep - make it happen

--Josh S.