Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill R's Carb Conversion Kits

I totally forgot: Drew Guillory has a dual plane -- he can provide another viewpoint.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I totally forgot

Bill Robertson
    Maybe that's your paranoid schizophrenia progressing...
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    Some people have souls and actually care about others, some people are humble and listen to reason and factual information. Bill Robertson doesn't fit into that category and that is fact.

To everyone who is interested in paying Bill for one of his fabricated manifolds. If you ever have a problem with the fuel delivery, Bill will insult you and blame everything else on your car for the problem and will never admit that his product may be at fault. This is what you will be dealing with. If you're not happy with the performance, you will just be mocked and insulted and stuck with his manifold. In addition, if you ever do have issues with the engine not running smoothly and you take it to a mechanic. They are more likely to work on it with a factory made manifold vs. a pieced together set of tubing and hollowed blocks.

Bill can you post a few pics of the internal lumen of your tube welds where they don't really match up right and cause internal flow turbulence?
    Last edited by Boo; 11-21-2015 at 11:50 AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Your right Bill, just you are.
    Chad and I are stating realistic facts, as opposed to your ignorant falsities.
    Other Delorean owners who have driven my car had said it runs MUCH better overall with the Peugeot manifold than it ever did with Bills hack job. Again, just stating facts. Chad drove my car with the single plane and noted that it ran great and was considerably faster than other Deloreans. Again... FACTS.
    Louis' car with the single plane outperforms my old Stage II car.

I've also driven Steve's car with a 5-speed and dual plane. I am curious to see how my car performs when I switch to a proper manifold. I would do it today if I could.

I've never questioned that the single-plane is better; that's my entire argument. The fact that Bill prefers to use a manifold made by professionals over the one he designed clearly shows which is the better product.

That is why I bought my own single-plane manifold; Bill wouldn't let me test one on my car when we were on good terms.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Farrar also drove a dual plane, albeit on an engine with apparent internal sickness.
    I would probably not be the best person to ask about carburetor performance. First, my carburetor was installed to replace malfunctioning K-Jet due to ease of maintenance and cheaper parts. Second, my engine had already been overheated and therefore possibly damaged before I even bought the car. (I didn't know to look for the plastic filter screen in the oil filler neck; a missing plastic screen is a sign of overheating as it will deform and fall out when overheated.) Not long into my ownership, the engine started dying at stoplights. I never was able to get it to idle smoothly. A few years ago it suffered a massive loss of power -- could not hold speed on a gentle incline. Now the engine has a massive coolant-to-oil leak in addition to its other troubles. I imagine that my engine was already damaged back when I bought the car in 2007, so I have never driven a properly-running DeLorean.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

VIN
    I will respond to Bill's requests when he responds to my request for a full written apology posted for the many times he insted me, treated me like crap, ignored me and the facts I've posted that proved him wrong, insulted my five year old daughter and publicly slandered Chad. The way I look at it Bil owes me a lot more than his $150 carb.
    Hen I will send him back the carb that he himself said as he look at it first hand had stripped threads where the jets screwed in, the reason he replaced it. Now mind you all, he wouldn't listen to me when I emailed him over a long span saying I was having rich running issues and fumes with the stripped jet thread carb but instead insulted my abilities to know what fumes are and then went on to blame everything else so as not to have to admit he may have been wrong.bwhen you have an issue and your emails are ignored it's frustrating enough, but when you finally get an email from Bill on one of his lonely grumpy nights insulting you and blaming everything but his carb it really makes you regret your decision to patronize this seller who just boasts that he makes no money and drives through states to help.
    I know I won't make the same mistake again.

Grumpy = Bill = Hervey

Bill is the sinking ship, I just jumped overboard to swim to safety.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

At one time Farrar's engine did run:

I have every intention of getting to a 3.0 conversion. I even bought an engine just for that purpose.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I've moved Bill's demands to a new thread to leave this one relatively on topic; reviews of Bill Robertson's customer support and questions pertaining to his products have remained.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    I've always hidden how Bill has been insulting and snide to me in our private communication but I just want to let everyone know what you are (or will be) dealing with.
    He made me out to be a person who just wanted more servers toes from him when I was having a drive ability issue publicly here.
    You are dealing with a holier than thou child who can, as you see from his ramblings here, never admit fault of his own.
    Last edited by Boo; 11-21-2015 at 12:09 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

Oh yes -- Louis' rants are *SO* on topic....

Bill Robertson