Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cheap DeLorean in New York

  1. #1
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270

    Cheap DeLorean in New York

    Don't know if this is legit or not, but appears to be a great car for the $12k that they're asking for it.

    Rich should check this one out if it's anywhere near him:

    http://www.classifiedads.com/classic...d187736904.htm
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

  2. #2
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,349
    Blog Entries
    6
    That looks too good to be true, but nothing suspicious looking about the listing other than the pirce.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Don't know if this is legit or not, but appears to be a great car for the $12k that they're asking for it.

    Rich should check this one out if it's anywhere near him:

    http://www.classifiedads.com/classic...d187736904.htm
    Very near me, I think I posted this when it was on eBay....I'll call & see what's up.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    3,669
    I think this car sold, but not finding it on eBay. I might've linked it on Talk.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    VIN
    There's a 2, then a 7, then a 4 and then a 3
    Posts
    113
    Scamtastic.

    Any ads that end with that format of email address are scams in my experience


    edit, it was on ebay in june for $28k, same pics and everything

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/171841810547...547%26_rdc%3D1
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 11-18-2015 at 05:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Scamtastic.

    Any ads that end with that format of email address are scams in my experience


    edit, it was on ebay in june for $28k, same pics and everything

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/171841810547...547%26_rdc%3D1
    Thanks man....I couldn't find it, but knew I saw it before 'cause it was about 20 miles from where I live.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    VIN
    There's a 2, then a 7, then a 4 and then a 3
    Posts
    113
    Picking one with such a distinctive tag is surely the work of a genius.

  8. #8
    Just Plain Nuts Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    VIN
    5835
    Posts
    5,483

    Thumbs up

    Well, I emailed the 'seller' today and he sent me more pictures so I offered 10grand and said I could come up to Binghamton this weekend to buy the car and this is what I got in return.
    "Hello,
    Due to the high volume of internet scams, i will send the car to your home address COD ( CASH ON DELIVERY ).
    The reason I selling the car at this price is because i have to pay a lot of money for registration here in Portugal.
    The car is here in my garage in Portugal.
    I can send the car to your home, transport will take approximately 19 days.
    As soon you receive my car you will be able to transfer your name in the title to your local DMV.
    I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it.
    PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL TALK ALL DETAILS.
    Thanks


    SCAM CITY!!!!!!!

    I was gonna say that if he wanted to scam people for thier identity he should have asked a more realistic price like 18,000 but of course after I replied saying that it seemed like a scam he never emailed me back.
    I would have bought it if it was for real. I was even going to give and generic address by me to see if it was for real.
    Last edited by Boo; 11-19-2015 at 03:50 PM.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

    Boo- The car you love to hate.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

  9. #9
    Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Racine County, WI, USA
    VIN
    1798
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Well, I emailed the 'seller' today and he sent me more pictures so I offered 10grand and said I could come up to Binghamton this weekend to buy the car and this is what I got in return.
    "Hello,
    Due to the high volume of internet scams, i will send the car to your home address COD ( CASH ON DELIVERY ).
    The reason I selling the car at this price is because i have to pay a lot of money for registration here in Portugal.
    The car is here in my garage in Portugal.
    I can send the car to your home, transport will take approximately 19 days.
    As soon you receive my car you will be able to transfer your name in the title to your local DMV.
    I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it.
    PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL TALK ALL DETAILS.
    Thanks


    SCAM CITY!!!!!!!

    I was gonna say that if he wanted to scam people for thier identity he should have asked a more realistic price like 18,000 but of course after I replied saying that it seemed like a scam he never emailed me back.
    I would have bought it if it was for real. I was even going to give and generic address by me to see if it was for real.
    Portugal, eh?

    I heard there was quite a large contingency of DeLorean owners there.....
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

    --Josh S.
    #1798

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •