Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install a 3.0L PRV into your DeLorean

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6845 View Post
    Are tuned headers from the 2.8 and 3.0 interchangeable?
    Yes, no problem there.

Btw there is some misinformation floating that low impedance injectors wont work. Completely false. I ran low impedance injectors for hundreds of miles before switching, simply because i wanted plastic bodies.

Also there is no reason to feel obligated to use 19 lb injectors to have a smooth idle. Surely, cars running lots of boost have a means of idling. I just drove nearly 1000 miles on 24 lb injectors.

VIN
    It was not said that they did not work... just that they were harder to get properly configured with MS. I have yet to tune so I cannot confirm this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It was not said that they did not work... just that they were harder to get properly configured with MS. I have yet to tune so I cannot confirm this though.
    I used the MS recommended settings for low impedance injectors.

VIN
    good to know. So then, from your first hand experience, what are the difference between low and high impedance then?

The difference in running them? Not a thing, Josh buddy. The only difference is the injector characteristics settings, which are given in the ms manual. Everything else works the same.

If your 3.0L came with low impedance injectors (my 1992 did), there is no reason you cant run them. I would advise switching to the plastic bodied injectors as above for better spray pattern and since they wont rust, but the stock injectors can work fine, and i did drive on them for a few hundred miles after having them professionally cleaned.

VIN
    I was drawing up the mount for my cps today. I have not seen another mount in person or in a picture, so this is my design. I am using a VR CPS off of a mid 90s 3.0l v6 ford (areostar in my case). The sensor is mounted to a modified stg 1 muffler bracket and pivots off of the upper hole for adjust-ability. I originally had two slots but I figured this would be easier to adjust.

Just asking for everyone's (especially Matt's) 0.02 on the setup. I am running an EDIS setup. I have also included a picture of the tooth alignment. Is everything correct? diyautotune indicates the missing tooth is 6 teeth ahead of the sensor based on TDC which I assumed to be when the key way is facing upwards. My assumption may be wrong.

CPS Assy new2.jpg
    trigger wheel alignment.jpg

I did something very similar to that. Since I'm using the stock exhaust, I left the original muffler bracket in place, and put my "sensor plate" on top of it. The sensor plate is basically a piece of 1/8" stainless with two stainless 6mm studs welded and sticking out of it. The sensor mounts on top of the studs, and uses two nuts to hold it in place. The two muffler bracket bolts go through the "sensor plate." In this way, the muffler bracket can still slide up and down as needed without affecting the sensor alignment.

Both of the drawings are incorrect with regard to sensor alignment. The sensor should be pointing at 6 teeth AFTER the missing tooth when at TDC. See here

BTW, I would post a pic of my setup, my car is still at DMCMW.

I was drawing up the mount for my cps today. I have not seen another mount in person or in a picture, so this is my design. I am using a VR CPS off of a mid 90s 3.0l v6 ford (areostar in my case). The sensor is mounted to a modified stg 1 muffler bracket and pivots off of the upper hole for adjust-ability. I originally had two slots but I figured this would be easier to adjust.

Just asking for everyone's (especially Matt's) 0.02 on the setup. I am running an EDIS setup. I have also included a picture of the tooth alignment. Is everything correct? diyautotune indicates the missing tooth is 6 teeth ahead of the sensor based on TDC which I assumed to be when the key way is facing upwards. My assumption may be wrong.

CPS Assy new2.jpg
    trigger wheel alignment.jpg

VIN
    Thank you for the input. The first picture is incorrect I am aware. But the second is what I was referring to for alignment. I wasn't sure if the 6 was inclusive or not, so thank you for clearing that up. Do you recall where the keyway is in regards to TDC?

Thanks for the description of your bracket, I can kind of picture what it looks like now. I may still change the design. What VR sensor are you using?

Thank you for the input. The first picture is incorrect I am aware. But the second is what I was referring to for alignment. I wasn't sure if the 6 was inclusive or not, so thank you for clearing that up. Do you recall where the keyway is in regards to TDC?

Thanks for the description of your bracket, I can kind of picture what it looks like now. I may still change the design. What VR sensor are you using?
    I don't recall if the keyway is facing up at TDC.

I'm using the same VR sensor you're using, judging by the drawing. It looks exactly like mine.