Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poor condition eBay car

poor condition eBay car

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DeLorean-DMC1...wAAOSwo0JWGtgW

PULLING IN TOP DOLLAR for a car where seller advises to "assume that every major mechanical system needs to be restored."

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    The only thing about auctions like that is it's a coin flip for the seller. The winner stands a good chance of backing out once he has the thrill of winning the auction. He will sleep on it and when it sinks in what he has done (or if he lets his wife call the shots) he will tell her about it which will result in him backing out of the deal he made.

The only chance the seller has is if he runs into someone who is bidding with no clue what it will take to make a 25k car out of that, and remains ignorant at least until until cash is in the sellers' hand.

To the seller's credit, he is being very forthcoming about what's involved on this one. The buyer can't claim ignorance or deception.

This is yet just more proof to my theory on how Deloreans are actually worth more in rough condition than pristine examples, and much easier to sell due to increased interest. Beverly Hills Car Club proves this almost on a monthly basis

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    I'm too lazy to put my car up for sale today, plus I'm about to leave for Uber, but in the next day or so I plan to list my car on eBay for $88,000. You never know when someone might make an impulse purchase.

I can buy two very nice cars with the money from the sale as long as I don't go looking for cars on eBay. Surely Grady or the Swingles could hook me up with a nice car for around $40k.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm too lazy to put my car up for sale today, plus I'm about to leave for Uber, but in the next day or so I plan to list my car on eBay for $88,000. You never know when someone might make an impulse purchase.

I can buy two very nice cars with the money from the sale as long as I don't go looking for cars on eBay. Surely Grady or the Swingles could hook me up with a nice car for around $40k.
    I wonder if Dave Swingle's originally-owned car is still for sale. It was a very nice example when I saw it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This is yet just more proof to my theory on how Deloreans are actually worth more in rough condition than pristine examples, and much easier to sell due to increased interest. Beverly Hills Car Club proves this almost on a monthly basis
    I agree with this. You can make bread using others' na´vetÚ as the main ingredient.

VIN
    Blog Entries

I know an idiot in Texas who'd sell his for $40,000.00.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I know an idiot in Texas who'd sell his for $40,000.00.

I said a nice car.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I said a nice car.
    I suppose that the carburetor setup does disqualify it from being a nice car.
    -Chad K.

VIN
    Yeah. I heard that people who driver carbureted cars are susceptible to mental breakdowns.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Or they're Nazis.
    -Chad K.