Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve says goodbye to his tricycle, wants a big boys bike

VIN
    It looks like this bike is available in my size.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...gton-sl-xv.htm

I'm not sure it is as good of a deal as the other but most of the features seem the same. To the untrained idiot like me, all I notice are different tires and pedals.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    And it looks like the Windsor 4.0 is available in my size too.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ington4-xv.htm

This one is $399 and has 21 speeds instead of the 24 speeds on the link I just posted. Is there that much of a difference between a 24 and 21 speed bike?
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    These bikes are all pretty much the same. The difference is give and take. One may have a FSA crank but cheap wheels, the other will have ALex Rims but some cheaper crank. My advice is get the better crank, shifters, and drive components. Wheels, tires, etc. are not as important (to me anyway)

It sounds like you are just looking for something to ride from time to time, so don't tear yourself apart on this one. The absolute most important thing is get the right size frame.

Just man up and buy one already! You are picking out a bike, not a wife. Were you this much of a pansy when you got married?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Not much difference really, especially in your neck of the woods. Do you even have hills there? You have to remember that on a triple crank you can't cross chain, so yo really have around 19 useable gears, still more than enough.

Most roadys today have a double crank and a 9 or 10 cassette.

Triples are for wusses

Administrator
    VIN
    I have an $89 bike....I bet I could out-pedal both of you guys.

VIN
    Just to prove you wrong, I'm going to buy the cheapest STI bike they have. I might even get a steel fork too!

Administrator
    VIN
    My whole bike is steel, and I don't wear spandex shorts yo! lol

Administrator
    VIN
    Kidding aside, I have a friend who is selling a bike. From what he says, it sounds like a good deal. I can ask the details if you're interested.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Ever since I rode that electric bicycle a few days ago I am throwing rocks at all those manual propulsion 18th century relics.

Pedaling is for losers.

VIN
    Thanks but I'm sure shipping would be a beast. I paid $60 just to send a busted up dash to Matt. It would probably be about the same (or more) on a bike.