Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Satellite ISPs

Cable modems are pretty cheap ($30 and up) so I could not see paying the cable company $7 a month to rent. My old one has 8 channel (8 users) and the new one has 32 so I may have to install the new one someday. When family is visiting and everyone has cell phones I guess you could exceed 8 users. I'm resisting buying appliances that connect to the internet.

What is this world coming to?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Crap, Dave is right.

Exede wants $300 too buy their modem, but I see a used on on eBay for just $30. At that price, I can replace the modem every 3 months if I need to.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I eat my pizza cold.
    Savage. I guess Katrina hardened you folks

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Savage. I guess Katrina hardened you folks
    Katrina taught me to stock pile food and water.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Katrina taught me to stock pile food and water.
    Satellite internet is still kicking butt and haven't had a glitch with DMCToday.

If the storm knocks out infrastructure, I'll still be able to connect to the internets.

We only get one minuet to edit a post now?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    We only get one minuet to edit a post now?
    Yeah, we had to set it that way to keep people from changing their posts in the middle of arguments. It sucks when you notice an honest mistake in a post such as spelling.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, we had to set it that way to keep people from changing their posts in the middle of arguments. It sucks when you notice an honest mistake in a post such as spelling.
    Really? Who did that? I don't even remember an argument here lately.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Really? Who did that? I don't even remember an argument here lately.
    Shep was the last one to do stuff like that. After he got banned, it was discovered there was something like an infinite time limit where people could edit posts.

Before Shep updated the forum software, there was a time limit to edit posts. I can't remember how long the limit was, but there was a limit. I think when he updated the forum software, it basically disabled the limit. I didn't discover this and turn it back on until after Shep had his melt down.

I'm not opposed to raising it to five minutes or so to help people that want to go back and correct spelling/grammar. Let me know what you guys think. Right now it is set at one minute.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I think Talk is set to 30 minutes. I propose 31 minutes....or 45 if you want to go Amish on their ass.