Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

VIN

HIGH AIR FLOW THROTTLE BODY SPACER PLATES: For Sale

DELOREAN THROTTLE BODY SPACER PLATE:

A direct replacement part of the (NLA) rubber intake gasket 102772 (GSKT-LWR HSG/T/V).

20150824_185546.jpg20150824_192623.jpg

The original rubber fitting between the metering plate and the butterfly valve assembly is no longer available. It's over 30 years old and will eventually fail. Over time rubber decays and becomes brittle, under hood temperatures and vibrations will eventually make it crack and cause a vacuum leak.

Would you drive on a set of original NCT tires? Do you trust the original fuel lines? How did that original rubber fuel pump boot look when you cleaned out the gas tank? Replace your old intake gasket now before you are stranded on the road miles from home. Replace it with this new high air flow spacer plate.

HIGH AIR FLOW=PERFORMANCE:

This new plate eliminates any restriction of air flow and allows it to go straight through to the butterfly assembly. (see diagram below) This is especially beneficial if you have a performance air filter and cold air intake system!

Throttle plate diagram.jpg

No modifications are required. It's a simple bolt on replacement part. Stainless hardware, "O" ring seals, and instructions are included.

20150908_191737.jpg It's a direct replacement! 20150825_222508.jpg

Pricing is $74 plus $5.75 shipping!

Just send funds to my account gswaldal@msn.com at PayPal.

Thanks

Gary
    Last edited by Gary; 01-02-2016 at 10:51 PM. Reason: new price

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Excellent marketing here

And even though I do trust my NCTs, belts, hoses, etc, (I'm admittedly a rare exception) this is one part that I don't trust lasting forever - even on my car, which is why I was one of Gary's first customers (if not his first)!

I've seen original OEM's failing consistently over the last couple years, and while they can be effectively repaired, a repair of this part leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. Gary's solution is permanent, fool proof, and could even provide a slight performance increase.

100% NightFlyer approved and highly recommended

These will go fast people, so act now, as every K-Jet owner should have one on their shelves....

And thanks again to Gary for taking this project on and offering it at a reasonable price

I'll be posting a full review upon receipt of my plate, as well as showing it at Andrew's tech day for those interested and are attending, so stay tuned
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Nice work!!!

Would you drive on a set of original NCT tires?
    Good point, you would have to be a brain dead idiot to try something that stupid.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN

Performance Gains of the throttle plate

PERFORMANCE GAINS:

The new plate has a larger inside diameter and matches the inside profile of the air intake system.

20150825_214817.jpg20150825_214122.jpg

This diagram demonstrates how the profile of the original rubber gasket chokes the air intake system. Air from the metering plate hits the side walls of the original part and creates turbulence.

Throttle plate diagram.jpg

The new plate eliminates any restriction of air flow and allows it to go straight through.

The images below are of the original gasket and the new plate to show the difference.

20150824_192840.jpg20150824_192820.jpg20150824_192721.jpg

The original opening is increased in area by 33%!

Gary
    Last edited by Gary; 09-18-2015 at 04:54 PM.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Good point, you would have to be a brain dead idiot to try something that stupid.
    Honestly, what kind of schlep rock would even think of doing such a thing.... the humanity

--Josh S.

Well guess what arrived in my mailbox yesterday?

A Professionally " Shrink wrapped " USPS Flatrate box. In that box was a "Shrink Wrapped" Spacer plate with hardware and an instruction sheet formatted to look like it was a page taken right out of the workshop manual.

" Installing Your New Throttle Body Plate C:13:01.5"

I am thoroughly IMPRESSED with the Product design, Manufacture and Presentation. I doesn't get much more professional than this. I mean REALLY, Who has shrink wrap machine at there disposal? Here I was expecting it to be in a zip-lock baggy and shipped in a simple padded envelope.

My favorite quotes from the instruction sheet: " Place the throttle butterfly assembly on a work bench or your dining room table ( If your not married ) " and " Be Careful not to drop the screws or washers. DO NOT SWEAR OR THROW TOOLS." One major drawback of stainless hardware they're non-magnetic.

KUDO"S GARY, WELL DONE SIR.

Looks like I will have a little project to this weekend.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-11-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN
    Same here - I am 100% impressed with the product and packaging! The directions are very comprehensive and feature great artwork.

Looking forward to your future endeavors!

TBP.jpg
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

Well, I couldn't wait for the weekend. So I went ahead and put it in a couple hours ago. Everything went in as advertised. Although I highly recommend you have a bendable magnet on hand. I dropped a socket and a few pieces of the OE hardware. Fortunately, they just drop on top of the of the intake so it was easy to retrieve.

I ended up putting one shim washer under the top right bracket. I could have probably just tweaked the bracket or just loosen the spacer bolts to see if there was play in spacer holes to take up the slight misalignment but choose not too.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN
    Got mine as well on Thursday - now that's some fast shipping

Haven't even had time to open it yet though, but it was nicely shrink-wrapped.

I'll be busy through the weekend with my car, but will try to get a review with pics posted by Tuesday

--Josh S.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I think this thread deserves a "stick"

So it is written, so shall it shall be done.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?