Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Upgrading 4194

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    Did you cut the stud off that secures the rear radio bracket?
    Huh! That's what that was there for?! I've never seen anything attached to that stud on either of my DeLoreans. But that certainly makes sense.

I ended up re-doing the dashboard last week. Specifically the dashboard flexed too much during the reinstall, causing some small but unsightly cracks at the repaired areas. After some additional research, I opted to coat the dashboard with DuplaColor rubberized bedliner spray. It turned out pretty nice and flexes well. After applying a number of coats of the bedliner, I again sprayed SEM texture spray and applied about 4 coats of Landau Black vinyl paint.

Attachment 8883Attachment 8884Attachment 8885Attachment 8886

Administrator
    VIN
    This week I replaced all of 4194's coolant hoses. I had replaced many of the hoses at various times during my nearly 19 years of ownership, but I didn't really keep track of what I replaced and when I replaced them; thus I decided to do a "shotgun" replacement of all the coolant and heater hoses. (I had replaced the water pump and bypass hoses back in November, so I left those alone.) A few of the coolant hoses and most of the heater hoses appeared to be original! The entire process took a few hours and was made much easier with a lift and air tools.

Administrator
    VIN
    The "problem" with having two DeLoreans is that I always end up doing every upgrade twice. In addition to this summer's projects on 5052, I've also been doing some work on 4194. I'm in the process of upgrading the central locking system with DPNW's actuators. I also got my 2001 vintage door launcher system functional again.

Since I had the lower door panels off, I upgraded to integrated door pulls. Furthermore, while I had the lower panels off, I discovered that a PO had installed a pair of A1 power window motors. However, when PO installed the window motors, he didn't bolt them to the door. They were only connected to the door via the single bolt at the regulator to the handle bracket! To the A1 motor's credit, they functioned flawlessly despite flopping around in excess of 21 years! Both sides are now secured correctly.

I'm also planning on replacing the heater pipe in the valley of death in the near future.

Administrator
    VIN
    "I have to upgrade two DeLOreans instead of just one.....ugh!"

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?