Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ed Bernstein via millieone

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    the lady x-ray tech said to me, "what big hands! You know what they say about big hands."
    It makes it really difficult to change the fuel accumulator on your DeLorean?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Louis doesn't need to change it; it's bypassed with the carburetor setup.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Would somebody please buy Steve a pair of smaller thumbs.

Bill Robertson
    I'm just thankful that at least something about Steve is big
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Well, the day has come that eBay said I should expect delivery of my order by, and I got nothing

I really wanted to give Ed the benefit of the doubt on this, but thus far, I'm not very impressed.

Off to contact him via eBay....

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Louis doesn't need to change it; it's bypassed with the carburetor setup.
    Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make the joke :P

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Well, the day has come that eBay said I should expect delivery of my order by, and I got nothing

I really wanted to give Ed the benefit of the doubt on this, but thus far, I'm not very impressed.

Off to contact him via eBay....
    So, I was just about to contact him via eBay when the purchase history updated with a tracking number, which shows that my order had just shipped out today. Thus, it took exactly 8 days from the day that I originally placed and paid for the order to it actually being shipped.

While that's extremely slow/poor shipping time, I'm also not in any rush to receive the parts.

Just want to document the objective facts in the thread. Will update one last time when I actually receive the order and come to a conclusion.

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    So, I was just about to contact him via eBay when the purchase history updated with a tracking number, which shows that my order had just shipped out today. Thus, it took exactly 8 days from the day that I originally placed and paid for the order to it actually being shipped.

While that's extremely slow/poor shipping time, I'm also not in any rush to receive the parts.

Just want to document the objective facts in the thread. Will update one last time when I actually receive the order and come to a conclusion.

I have bought a couple things from Ed and in fact, recently finished agreeing to purchase something from Ed that should be fulfilled in a couple weeks.

I like to try and not pass judgement based on what anyone says, rather I prefer to form my own opinions based on my own experiences.

What I will say is this....I have talked to Ed multiple times as we've coordinated, he answers the phone pretty much every time and if he doesn't, when I leave him a message I usually have a call back within an hour.

He has been incredibly pleasant and in my opinion really has gone far above and beyond. There are two sides to the stories and obviously I cannot speak for those who had negative experiences from dealing with Ed, but if you didn't personally have a bad experience, I wouldn't necessarily assume that what is said about him is factual.

All I can say is that he has been amazing to deal with, has far surpassed expectations I would have from any vendor and I would say that he is about on par with dealing with Dave or Josh as far as knowledge, responsiveness and helpfulness.

Finally, Ed is getting older and wants out, so he's at a point where he is trying to deplete what he has left.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    I have bought a couple things from Ed and in fact, recently finished agreeing to purchase something from Ed that should be fulfilled in a couple weeks.

I like to try and not pass judgement based on what anyone says, rather I prefer to form my own opinions based on my own experiences.

What I will say is this....I have talked to Ed multiple times as we've coordinated, he answers the phone pretty much every time and if he doesn't, when I leave him a message I usually have a call back within an hour.

He has been incredibly pleasant and in my opinion really has gone far above and beyond. There are two sides to the stories and obviously I cannot speak for those who had negative experiences from dealing with Ed, but if you didn't personally have a bad experience, I wouldn't necessarily assume that what is said about him is factual.

All I can say is that he has been amazing to deal with, has far surpassed expectations I would have from any vendor and I would say that he is about on par with dealing with Dave or Josh as far as knowledge, responsiveness and helpfulness.

Finally, Ed is getting older and wants out, so he's at a point where he is trying to deplete what he has left.
    Good to know!

My only previous experience with Ed was when I called the DOA toll free number back in 1997 before I was an owner. He answered, was very pleasant, and even sent me a complimentary copy of DeLorean World magazine with some other goodies.

Just like you, I prefer to base my opinions on primary information and experiences, as opposed to hearsay.

I've experienced slow ship times from DMCH and Hervey in the past, thus the slow ship time on my current eBay order isn't that huge of a deal to me.

--Josh S.

The things I bought from millieone always were as advertised and came on time.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    OK - order arrived and all looks good with it

The Ducellier alternator rebuild kits are exactly as were described on eBay - they're really nice! And they were very nicely packaged. Not to mention that Ed was the only guy who apparently has (or had) these and marketed them - DMCMW scraps the Ducey's they remove, and I'd guess that other vendors are similar.

Ordered and paid for on 07/06, arrived on 07/20 - that's 14 days total to box, ship, and transit time. A little slow by today's standard, but as previously stated, I wasn't in any kind of rush to receive these.

All in all, I'm very happy with Ed B

--Josh S.