Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Bernstein via millieone

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN

Ed Bernstein via millieone

OK, so last night, I made a purchase from Ed Bernstein on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DELOREA...81d548&vxp=mtr

According to the description, he only had 3 of these kits left and I purchased the entirety of his remaining stock/inventory. Payment was immediately made via Paypal.

I'll update the thread upon receipt of my order.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    He probably mean he had three left in his living room. Tomorrow he will sell the other last ones he has.

*Sips champagne*
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He probably mean he had three left in his living room. Tomorrow he will sell the other last ones he has.
    I wanted three, so it worked out good for me. If he has more, I might be interested in them too, but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    *Sips champagne*
    You forgot the beluga caviar to go with it

--Josh S.

VIN
    Is it really Ed B. or Millie? I imagine Ed would be pretty elderly by now, does anyone know his present whereabouts of if he is still kicking?

After reading his DeLorean World articles and then all of the stories about his, uh, unique approach to customer service, I am riveted by this guy
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

Linux Janitor
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    After reading his DeLorean World articles and then all of the stories about his, uh, unique approach to customer service, I am riveted by this guy
    Same here. I've got the paperwork from the PO of when the PO purchased my car from DeLorean One in 2001 and the subsequent service history, but I would love to be able to contact Ed and see if I could get the work history performed during the restoration/reconditioning prior to sale. But after reading many of the D1 related threads here and on talk, I think nothing would really come of my inquiries.

VIN
    Ed is still alive. Don Steinger tags him in Facebook pictures all the time.

I bought some door roof seals from Millieone one ebay a few months ago. After two weeks of waiting they never shipped the seals. I left negative feedback on ebay and about a week later the seals shipped.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post

I bought some door roof seals from Millieone one ebay a few months ago. After two weeks of waiting they never shipped the seals. I left negative feedback on ebay and about a week later the seals shipped.
    That's not very good customer service

I know that they've been on eBay since my purchase, as they've listed more items for sale (the center stack bracket both in OEM shaft steel and prototype DIN aluminum), but I've yet to receive a tracking number for my order, though I also know that not all sellers use eBay's automated shipping software, so I haven't read anything into it.

Did they send you a tracking number when your order shipped, or did it just show up at your house one day?

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    Same here. I've got the paperwork from the PO of when the PO purchased my car from DeLorean One in 2001 and the subsequent service history, but I would love to be able to contact Ed and see if I could get the work history performed during the restoration/reconditioning prior to sale. But after reading many of the D1 related threads here and on talk, I think nothing would really come of my inquiries.
    Given everything that he has listed on eBay, it's pretty safe to say that he kept good records and retained everything after he officially left the business. It's always worth a shot, as all he can say is no. If you really want the records, I'd at least give it a shot, as it never hurts to politely ask, but when you don't ask, you never find out.

Best luck

--Josh S.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post

Well after a bit of facebook creeping,there he is, Ed Bernstein!! Hope novadmc's VIN isn't on the notorious Bernstein Blacklist, probably won't surrender any info if it is. Speaking of which, I wonder if my VIN ended up on the blacklist....
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build