Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing deloreanwiki.com

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Anybody else remember when said individual had "Just say no to carbs" as his forum signature?
    I thought it was funny but to each his own I guess. I think he might have something against me but who knows.

Anyway, I was once a purist as well until something drastic happened. I bought a Delorean and reality kicked in.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I thought it was funny but to each his own I guess. I think he might have something against me but who knows.

Anyway, I was once a purist as well until something drastic happened. I bought a Delorean and reality kicked in.
    I think he has something against French Toast....
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

It's a herd mentality.

People are all "Ooo ooo, buy Chris a DeLorean" (why exactly does Chris deserve to get a free car more than other prospective owners?), but to the best of my knowledge he has no mechanical skills whatsoever. It would be Bill Miller all over again.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 08-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.

to the best of my knowledge he has no mechanical skills whatsoever. It would be Bill Miller all over again.
    Heck, then he would be like me! But does he even know how to bungee a cup holder? I'll bet not. Who's Bill Miller?

In other news, in an effort to replicate Ewan McGregor's "Long Way Around" except with Deloreans instead of Motorcycles, Deloman and his crew are doing their French test run right about now. They look very well funded and staffed, but the attempt should be very entertaining. I'd like to take part in a USA welcome wagon if they make it over here.
    http://www.deloreanworldtour.com/cms...id=159&lang=en
    Last edited by Duplicate Account; 08-16-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

He won the DCS'08 raffle car. Ended up totally trashed.

Bill Robertson

He won the DCS'08 raffle car. Ended up totally trashed.

Bill Robertson
    Thanks for the info. Vin 3390. http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:3390
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Miller farmed the electronics out to others, who did the actual butchering.

The car was also vandalized on several occasions -- car was street parked, and Miller didn't live in the best part of Cincinnati. IIRC it spent an extended period of time with a window broken out.

In his day Miller was just as DeLorean obsessed as Chris Burns is now, and just as public (a DCS staple used to be elaborate hand made trophies presented to Kathryn and others, accompanied by rambling and fawning speeches until Ken took the microphone away). I guess every generation of owners has one.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Thanks for the info. Vin 3390. http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:3390
    Parked next to a rock quarry with 4 dvd players?!??!?!??

ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Parked next to a rock quarry with 4 dvd players?!??!?!??

ROFLMAO
    And DVD players that were for the euro market and would not play US DVDs. . Really odd.

Question: apparently the car was provided for the raffle by a MD owner named Bernie Manderville who subsequently passed away. Was there a story behind the donation or was he just very generous?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru