Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing deloreanwiki.com

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I heard it from the guy who purchased the car from him; stating that he paid around double list price to get one just to be different. If memory serves, he was a lobbyist for some group and having money to throw around was par for the course.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

New previously unpublished material on DeloreanWiki.com:

Letter to Fred Bushell from JZD, 6.19.1980

http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki...nell-6-19-1980
    Last edited by Duplicate Account; 08-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

In the last installment, we saw a classically delusional slice of JZD: a sedan that he hoped to produce with money he did not yet have, to suggest yet again a merger that Lotus did not want, a mention of Porsche developing cars for the Soviets (what?), a claim that Porsche would make more from that Soviet contract than they would actually selling Porsche cars, that DMC-Lotus merger would put them in direct competition with Ferrari, (or better, that they would become "the most prestigious car maker in the world,") and wild claim about the returns they would experience taking all those orders that would roll in from behind the iron curtain and third world.

And of course, all this was agreed to in Geneva, where great powers go to make agreements. Yeah, that's not pretentious.

Which brings us to tonight's installment: The GPD Agreement itself, posted in its entirety. What proceeds the contract is a memo from Bill Collins. A full month after GPD was signed, Collins finally got to see it. Although I could be reading it wrong, he seems to complain about that subtlely: "...which I received on October 23, 1978..." [the contract was completed the month before.] Collins is now asking for some specifics, which might be a hint of him trying to figure out his place under this agreement.

What follows the contract is a few pages of expenditures which someone added later.

A long post, but as Bill R might put it, the "morbidly curious" might want to scan over it.

http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:gpd-contract
    Last edited by Duplicate Account; 08-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    New entry on deloreanwiki: The Price is Right memo

http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki...-is-right-memo
    Page updated! (Click above link.) This actually happened on 12/18/1981, and some game show aficionados posted the clip on youtube. Notice the lovely (and I do mean lovely) Dianne next to the car. Dianne and Holly meant a lot to boys in the 80s. (And Phoebe Cates too, but anyway.)

This stuff is fun to pull together and the pages are getting a lot of hits. More to come!
    Last edited by Duplicate Account; 08-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Enjoyed the clip! Thanks, and good luck with the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Page updated! (Click above link.) This actually happened on 12/18/1981, and some game show aficionados posted the clip on youtube. Notice the lovely (and I do mean lovely) Dianne next to the car. Dianne and Holly meant a lot to boys in the 80s. (And Phoebe Cates too, but anyway.)

This stuff is fun to pull together and the pages are getting a lot of hits. More to come!

VIN
    Thanks for the clip man. It put a smile on my face.

Keep up the great work with the Delorean wiki. You are becoming our own version of Chris Burns.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Thanks for the clip man. It put a smile on my face.

Keep up the great work with the Delorean wiki. You are becoming our own version of Chris Burns.
    Except not ashamed of us.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    future
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    hahaha
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Thanks for the support, guys. We have all been in this D world for so long that there isn't much surface material we don't know about. I want to go "into the weeds" and pull up the stuff we don't collectively know. Some of it will be more interesting than other parts, but if we keep digging, there are more insights to be gained. I'll keep going if dmctoday does!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Anybody else remember when said individual had "Just say no to carbs" as his forum signature?

Bill Robertson