Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiper Armitures/Blades - OEM vs Dealer Replacements vs Aftermarket

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN

Wiper Armitures/Blades - OEM vs Dealer Replacements vs Aftermarket

Just a quick reference.

OEM armitures/blades were manufactured by Bosch and look like this:

P1010005.jpg

Dealer network replacement armitures/blades were manufactured by Trico, are currently available as NOS from DMCH and their affiliates, and look like this:

P1010006.jpg

Any other armitures/blades derive from the aftermarket.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I bought a new pair of Bosch blades for my car when I first got it over 6 years ago. One day I will use them and let you know how they work.

I put some Bosch blades on my D a few years ago. They don't seem to do a good job in any rain but maybe it's just the wiper motor does not have much power.

I use Bosch Icon blades on my daily drivers and love those. They also don't have those many arms on the blades that look pretty ugly. I may try using some Icon blades if I can make them fit on the D.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I've been using Icons on my DeLorean for a few years. They fit just fine. Except I use a 21" for the driver's side and a 20" for the passenger's side.
    DeLorean status: awaiting engine replacement.

Hire my voice!

VIN
    I found some reproduction armitures/blades of the OEM Bosch's on eBay - $11.87/pr and free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Windsh...ef7eff&vxp=mtr

I ordered a pair just to compare to the OEM Bosch's. But from the pics, they look pretty darn good - the biggest difference would be the absence of the Bosch logo (which is barely noticeable on the OEM's).

These could fool Concours judges!

Anyway, my OEM Bosch's worked great before the rubber blades started tearing, thus I just thought I'd mention these to anyone looking for stock/OEM performance. I'll post a product specific review once I receive them and have a chance to compare them to the OEM Bosch's.

--Josh S.

VIN
    Maybe you can transfer the blade from the new one to the original ones?

Stinking purists. Next thing you know he is going to brag about having original coolant in the engine.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Maybe you can transfer the blade from the new one to the original ones?
    What I was thinking exactly! The Bosch refills that I ordered for the OEM armitures, Bosch 43320, don't look exactly right, though close enough to where I could modify them to fit if necessary, though if that doesn't work at all due to different mounting dimensions or something similar, then I'll at least have this backup plan

Another reason I thought these were worth mentioning is that the rake of our windshields has effectively rendered many aftermarket armitures/blades grossly ineffective - ie: Dave M's aftermarket Bosch armitures/blades that he said "don't seem to do a good job in any rain." In fact, a search of reviews on the dealer replacement armitures/blades, as currently sold as NOS by DMCH and their affiliates, reveals lackluster real life performance of that design at best.

What Sixity calls the 'multiple suspension' design is the exact same design of the Bosch OEMs that our cars originally came with. As stated before, mine always worked GREAT until the rubber of the blades themselves gave up the ghost. Thus, I can say for certain that the 'multiple suspension' design of the OEM Bosch's is a proven part. Whether or not the Sixity reproductions are just as good (often times Asian made repros fail to live up to their original counterparts) remains to be seen, but we'll know soon!

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Stinking purists. Next thing you know he is going to brag about having original coolant in the engine.

--Josh S.

VIN
    I've used the Trico blades from DMCNW. They are less than $12 for the pair and work just fine. I have a new pair to put on that I haven't got around to yet.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    While you guys were obsessing over wiper blades and Bosch stamps I was on the admin panel approving even more join requests.

Apparently, wiper blade conversations create quite the draw!

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    While you guys were obsessing over wiper blades and Bosch stamps I was on the admin panel approving even more join requests.

Apparently, wiper blade conversations create quite the draw!

AWESOME - you da man Mr. PMM!

I just knew that this was gonna be the topic that got people flockin to Today in droves....

--Josh S.