Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FILTER For Sale

Consider this a warning Michael's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I heard back today and the order will be delayed about 10 more days than expected. I wasn't really given a reason. They were very apologetic about the delay but I told them not to rush it. I have worked on this for almost a year and we have waited for these things for the past 20 years, a few more weeks isn't going to make or break us. I did convey that I an eagerly awaiting them but I certainly am not going to put them in a bind and possibly sacrifice any quality to get them a few days early.

Anyway, I have all the pre orders to date all ready to stuff with filters as soon as they arrive. My office floor is a mess right now but it's the only place I can keep the cats out of when I am away. For those that ordered 3 or more (had one guy just order 7 yesterday), I don't think I can get 3 in a mailer, so yours will most likely be coming in larger gray mailers or a box. Gaskets and magnets will be seperately packaged to prevent bending during shipment.

Gracie is my shipping clerk. Any hairballs found in the package are yours to keep.

1437441041936.jpg

Sorry for the delay and I want to again thank to everyone for your support and encouragement! Over 25% of the inventory has been sold already!

Edit: Turns out the delay was they made a few more filters than I had originally ordered. They offered them to me at a discount and since pre orders were so strong I decided to take a "DeLorean Gamble" and buy them out. In true JZD fashion I upped production.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO FILTERS ARE DONE!

Should be in my hands in a few more days!!!

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    All right! I can't wait to see these things.

Is there anything I'm going to need to buy, apart from the fluid, for the service?
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, 1269, and 4590

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    All right! I can't wait to see these things.

Is there anything I'm going to need to buy, apart from the fluid, for the service?
    Please bear in mind I have not done the service myself yet, so more knowledgeable folks correct me if I'm wrong.

But I think you need this washer (for the drain bolt) :

https://store.delorean.com/p-6092-sealing-washer.aspx

And I believe you're also going to need the weird square socket that is also used for the oil change.

https://store.delorean.com/p-9097-dr...ug-socket.aspx

(Assuming a previous owner hasn't replaced the drain bolt). Again, confirmation from someone who's done it before would be great

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum!

I can't remember if the magnet is included with it or not.

I'm going to use RTV sealant in lieu of a gasket, though.
    -Chad K.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    You can reuse the sealing washer on tbe plug. If you have a new one handy great, but don't panic if you don't have it. If you are like me you have at least a few new oil filters laying around (I buy them 6 at a time) and the sealing washer included is the same. If you are hell bent on a new one, this is one of those parts your local Advance will have as well.

The square socket everyone should have already (fits the engine oil drain plug).

Magnets are 1.00 each but Chad gets one free with his free filter. I have to send 2 to Dave as well.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If you are like me you have at least a few new oil filters laying around (I buy them 6 at a time)
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.
    -Chad K.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Should be in my hands in a few more days!!!
    AWESOME!

Best repro product offering in a long time - way to go Michael
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.
    I purchase 'em six at a time as well - even with shipping, Hervey's price is pretty unbeatable on the Bosch 72150.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I was outside working on the infiniti around 6:30PM when the UPS truck pulled up...and drove right to my neighbors. AGHHHHHHH!!! I was so bummed. I am expecting these any day. They shipped out late last week and when I was getting my prototypes in, I would receive them about 2 days later but since this box(es) are big and heavy I am sure they went parcel post or some type of value saver method.