Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FILTER For Sale

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I will get yours in the mail first thing Monday. Although I hate the 13% eBay charges...it does make shipping a breeze.

Actually the number is now 4 left to sell to be in the black

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Did another full service today. Basically I just wanted to see the new filter and neodymium magnet after about 2,500 miles. Everything is A OK! I will post a few pics later. This weekend I may rip apart the 2,500 mile filter and post a few pics of it but I'm 99% sure there is no dirt wedged in there as many services as I did last year.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Today is a red letter day. I just now got into the black for this whole project. Took just under a year after sales began in September (I think it was September).

I really didn't know what to expect or how long it would take to get to this point. I was estimating 6 months to a year when I first started but then sales slowed so I guess I'm glad I came in just under the wire.

EDIT I started in the first week of August 2015 so just over 1 year.

Close enough

Congrats Michael. You did what no one else could or would, and all are better off as a result.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I sold out of gaskets. I tried to order another 100 gaskets last week and all I could get was 48(which haven't shown up yet). I don't know if they meant 48 was all they had or 48 was all that was left period. If 48 is all that I can get then 5 go to me and 43 go to you, then I'm done. Even though I have another 150 or so filters left, they are useless without the mounting gasket. I'm sure they can be made easily enough but I will just keep selling until I'm out, and if demand is strong enough I may have them made, but I just don't see that happening.

The ebay auction is temp. out of stock right now. As soon as I get the 48 gaskets in, I will resume sales till they are gone. Hopefully I can get more gaskets, they were still showing in stock at their website so I ordered another 50 but it may get kicked out.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I got my gaskets in Friday and reinstated the auctuon. I could only get 48 gaskets. DMC doesn't want to deplete their supply which is understandable and my extra order for 50 was indeed kicked out of the system. I kept 5 for myself which left me at 43 kits left to sell. Overnight I sold 15 filter kits so I'm down to only 28 kits left.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Make that 27 kits left.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I got my gaskets in Friday and reinstated the auctuon. I could only get 48 gaskets. DMC doesn't want to deplete their supply which is understandable and my extra order for 50 was indeed kicked out of the system. I kept 5 for myself which left me at 43 kits left to sell. Overnight I sold 15 filter kits so I'm down to only 28 kits left.
    If you need more gaskets we have plenty of them.
    Rob

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Filter sales are back up thanks to Mr. Rob Grady!!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Down to less than 40 before I'm done for good.