Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate lugs for your DeLorean

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries

The Ultimate lugs for your DeLorean

For the longest we OCD DeLorean owners have had the hardest time finding true high quality lugs that not only fit correctly but will last and not have caps that come off. Several vendors offer what they call long lasting lugs but they (like most) stick out on the narrow front wheels. About 4 years ago I offered a solution which received mixed response on the talk site. Some liked, some didn't. I am about as OCD as they come and I can say for the past 4 years they have worked and worked well. I sourced a set of factory OE lugs from Honda. Since these are OE they will last much longer than pretty much anything in the aftermarket and again after 4 years they still look brand spanking new. Not only do they last but they fit.

These lugs are solid, have chrome plating (that's durable) and the seat of the new lugs compared to the factory lugs seems like the same taper. The socket size is the same as well. Part number is 90304-SA5-013 and they will run you around 80-90 bucks for a set. See the pics and judge for yourself. It's nice to have new lugs on the fronts that don't protrude like Pam Anderson on a winter day.

lugs.jpglugs1.jpglugs3.jpglugs2.jpg20140819_200616.jpg

VIN
    I heard the Honda lugs don't tighten down all the way before the stud hits the cap and then they are a bit loose (another Pam Anderson reference)
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    I heard the Honda lugs don't tighten down all the way before the stud hits the cap and then they are a bit loose (another Pam Anderson reference)
    You probably heard that from me. Once when I took the fronts off, I noticed there was a half ring where the stud was touching the lug but just barely and not even all the way around. I asked about it and after looking I was told this was OK.

You guys can go on and on about seat tapers and dimensions all you want. I have been on these for 4 years with no problems and I can just about guarantee you I put my car through the paces when I take it out more than most. I am not selling these nor do I have anything to gain from promoting them.

Fak it...don't use them. If you use Honda lugs you will surely die a firey death.

Now I know how Bill feels when armchair mechanics tell him his frame mods can't work after he has been driving 10k miles a year on it for almost a decade.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'll look into these. I like the aesthetic and I've been reusing factory lug nuts from 1601 because I completely forgot about an alternative.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

These are a nice option I may consider one day. I wish that the profile was similar to the stock lug nuts. I did purchase a new set of DMC lug nuts and have already lost 2 caps after driving under 100 miles.

VIN
    Hey I didn't mean to down play your experience with them. I have no experience with them at all so take what I say as a molecule of sodium chloride.

Last edited by Boo; 06-10-2015 at 10:24 AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Lou is a bully and I feel very hurt by his abusive words. I think he needs to be banned.

VIN
    Oh cry me a river ! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Lou is a bully and I feel very hurt by his abusive words. I think he needs to be banned.
    We can ban him------- but who the hell is he again? when we were over at Dayton last year we never seen him, will he be at the midwest open house? will he be at next year's DCS? Is he a real person? smart money says he is one of Bill's sockpuppets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Now I know how Bill feels
    Bill is driving on Autozone lug nuts.

Bill Robertson