Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convex Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Using the courtesy light circuit would mess up my "dimmer unit logic" if you are using it. Purple wire is just an always +12 volt circuit in original configuration.

What is the current draw of the heaters? You could measure the resistance if you don't have the specification. I would guess it to be 5 to 10 ohms
    Dave,

Without revealing your proprietary designs, it is assumed that you are sensing the current on the purple wire to determine when the doors are open or closed? So if I attach the purple wire to the mirror switch, it might turn the dome light(s) on and off when adjusting the mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    Dave,

Without revealing your proprietary designs, it is assumed that you are sensing the current on the purple wire to determine when the doors are open or closed? So if I attach the purple wire to the mirror switch, it might turn the dome light(s) on and off when adjusting the mirrors?
    Yes I sense current to turn on the power to that purple wire. Not sure if the rear defogger would draw any current when switched off, so it may work. But no capacitance can be on the dome light circuit.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/