I posted this on the old forum and was immediately pounced upon by the all knowing owners saying that my idea was wrong. It's not.
If the corner of your bonnet sticks up where the fender and the doors meet, chances are the factory seal is all that's wrong. When I first got 5609, it was one ting that really bugged me the longer I drove it. One day I decided to fix this annoyance. You have a few "fixes" for slight alignment issues.
The first is to lower the stops, (making sure they still hit the catches properly in case of a collision)
The second is the David T method... lower the bonnet latch in the trunk compartment by drilling new holes This also puts more stress on the cable since the hood is under more tension.
The third is to shim the fenders higher so they match up
None of these would work for me as my bonnet was jacked up about 3/4" and you can't pull that much out with shims...you could but then your fender and door would not line up. I could see that if I applied pressure, it would line up. In my case the problem was the trunk seal itself. The factory trunk seal was way too thick. It is one of those horrible DeLorean "make it fit" parts. It's a fat piece of straight run weatherstrip that was never meant to go around curves. It is cut in many places to make sure it bends and then glued into place with adhesive leaking out from both sides. Looks terrible, and my refurb had the same "factory" treatment. I thought about it for a minute and pulled the seal out and presto! Perfect alignment! Now I had to replace the seal but with what?
Go to Lowes and pick up 2 rolls of this:
You will need to clean all the gunk from your bonnet. Mine came off pretty easy since it was fairly fresh, but you may need solvent to remove 34 year old glue. If so, then it's a good time to freshen up the area with a little sanding and a few coats of SEM trim black. Let that cure for a day then come back with the weatherstriping, it's self adhesive sticks prett good. Mine has been firmly in place for several years.
Once the tape is applied, I closed the hood and let it take set. It was completely waterproof in the trunk compartment and looks so much nicer.
Not only does it fix the problem but it is a huge cosmetic improvement over the factory seal. Note that I left the factory seal in place at the very bottom and pushed my new strip into the hole. I can't remember why I did this but i think I was worried about water running down the hood and leaking into the compartment. I now know that was not a problem but since it's tucked out of sight I left it alone.
This may not be a "Talk" approved method, they would rather you drill holes and shim to the moon.