Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be our 400th member?

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Probably my fault, he is looking for a Stage II auto w/ black interior in perfect condition so I directed him here to see pics of mine...but we are waaaayyy apart on price.

If people are out there paying 10-15k for a parts car and 15-20k for a "fixer upper" then I am forced to re-appraise my car's worth.

Hello, I just joined and was trying to post a question but I am not really sure how to start a topic? I'm sure it's me but was wanting to put a question on about how to install ac duct work to the ac vents you can install on the knee pads? I installed the vents into my knee pads already and was just trying to get some help on how others have routed the duct work so it gets to the vents. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    Hello, I just joined and was trying to post a question but I am not really sure how to start a topic? I'm sure it's me but was wanting to put a question on about how to install ac duct work to the ac vents you can install on the knee pads? I installed the vents into my knee pads already and was just trying to get some help on how others have routed the duct work so it gets to the vents. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you have already done the hard part. A lot of people lose the ducting to the door vents since they don't flow much air. They cap off the duct at the door jamb. You could use that ducting and just reroute it to your knee pad vents.

As far as posting a new topic, it's just like any other board. Select the area you want and hit the "post new thread" button a the top left.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Sounds like you have already done the hard part. A lot of people lose the ducting to the door vents since they don't flow much air. They cap off the duct at the door jamb. You could use that ducting and just reroute it to your knee pad vents.

As far as posting a new topic, it's just like any other board. Select the area you want and hit the "post new thread" button a the top left.
    I get a ton of air from my door ducts after sealing them up (see here http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?1...better-airflow). It is easier to just plug the holes than to do that, though.

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    I get a ton of air from my door ducts after sealing them up (see here http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?1...better-airflow). It is easier to just plug the holes than to do that, though.
    I get a ton of air from my door ducts too, but I didn't have to seal mine (Steve can confirm this)
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I get a ton of air from my door ducts too, but I didn't have to seal mine (Steve can confirm this)
    No need for cross exam, counsel.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDavid View Post
    No need for cross exam, counsel.
    You should see how well Josh's car drives on water!

VIN
    Josh sucks.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I have gone from checking for new membership approvals once a day to 2-3 times a day and we have added over 60 members since this thread was started...not bad at all!

I would also like to note that most all of our members are actual owners (either that or they are making up vins)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I check daily; though, Michael's fastidious regimen explains why I've had to activate only a few people.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.