Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1982 Grey Interior Automatic

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    Is the new owner an Upstater?
    Details will be private for now, but no....not in our elite club of upstaters -lol.

VIN
    I heard he traded it for a microphone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I heard he traded it for a microphone.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap

Administrator
    VIN
    Only divulged here in this forum: Steve Rice bought it; after riding with me at DCS 2014, he felt an instant bond with the car and demanded I sell it to him before the 2015 driving season.

VIN
    Roza's car !

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Congrats on the sale Rich!
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

Administrator
    VIN
    Info is public, so I'm going to pull the pin on my own grenade here before I get "outed" by one of you pricks:

The car I sold is now Bob's Time Machine #23.
    I was apprehensive about selling it to become a TM, but as a few people said to me: "doesn't matter who you sell it to, there's no guarantee it won't be made into a TM."

For those who don't already know, I planned to sell this car since the day I bought it. I didn't want an automatic, but the opportunity presented itself to buy it, enjoy it, and get to know the car as I worked on it. I was 5-speed shopping while I drove this one. The plan was to buy a 5-speed before the DeLorean market took off for 2015, then sell the auto when prices spiked upward. I missed out on a few 5-speed purchases in early 2014, and felt I was running out of time when I bought 4728.

Even though I might've overpaid a bit on my 5-speed, the timing was perfect with the sale of my auto and everything worked out well. The big picture is still going as planned, and I'm still in the black. The transaction with Bob was very smooth; he was professional, and I have no complaints. I found him to be very pleasant to talk to and he also sent a bunch of swag [from his show] to my kids (they loved it.)

Fast forward to the present, I still haven't seen another reasonably-priced 5-speed that would meet my criteria and that I would have a chance of buying, so I'm glad I got 4728 as a "bird in the hand." There's a new owner on Talk that just bought a nice 5-speed for 16K in Calif. that's been sitting a while. That one would've been a nice find, but I'd have no chance of snagging it before the locals.

So, I saw my old car on Bob's page today and I have to admit I got a little melancholy...really didn't think I'd miss it. Must have something to do with it being "my first." I'm highly motivated now, and just bought a propane heater for my garage, so I'll be working throughout the winter to have my 5-speed ready. So far, things are going well and I expect to enjoy this car even more than my first.

Try not to beat me up too bad, ya pricks! lol
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 12-03-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Changed "#32" to "#23"

Consider this a warning Michael's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    LMAO! I knew you'd be the first....well played mister!

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    The car I sold is now Bob's Time Machine #32.
    Ordinarily, we don't ban people here, but....

J/K

Alas, the mighty Road Knight, that once had the power of Excalibur, is no more..... it's now a piss-poor reproduction rolling movie prop

Even worse, you went from proper fuel delivery, K-Jet, thank you very much, to a c... c.... c..... (sorry, I'm having a problem saying the word here)....... carburetor?!?!?!?

devil.jpg

You better have your new pile of crap ready for DCS so Steve can make fun of the frame and we can have our 1/4 mile rematch
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.