IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2893a.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

So Pin #1 is pump power and pin #3 is pump ground. The wire feeding pin 1 needs to soldered to the positive (power) wire of the DeLorean wiring. The wire feeding pin 3 needs to soldered to the ground wire of the DeLorean wiring. Pins 2 & 4 are not used in this set up because the pump's built in fuel sender is not being used. I advocate using a DMC reproduction fuel sender. The built in sender could be wired up, but you would loose the low fuel light functionality. There would also be no delay in sending the signal to the fuel gauge, so the needle would likely go up and down as the fuel in the tank sloshes around. DMC's control box they provide dampens the fuel gauge signal so the needle stays at a constant reading.
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 03-17-2017 at 01:28 AM.

This information is awesome, thank you so much!

My other question though is does pin #1 get spliced into the black wire on the original wire connector?

Thanks

James
    6408 & 2168

VIN
    On my car the black wire is ground so that would be attached to pin 3. The white wire would be positive and go to pin 1. Send me a picture of your wire colors if possible.

Here is a picture of the connector.

VIN
    The white with the purple stripe is 12v power which would attach to wire (pin) 1. The black with purple stripe is ground which would attach to wire (pin) 3.

VIN
    Here is an original pump showing what terminal attaches to what wire:

IMG_2895.jpg

You can see the positive terminal (post) is a smaller diameter then the ground post. So only the white/purple stripe wire fits on the smaller post. So again the white wire attaches to pin 1 on the GM connector.

Thanks for the info, this has helped out a ton.

Now is there any difference between this pump and this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222069168132...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

VIN
    I would rather have a reputable brand like Carter then a generic brand. I don't mind paying the extra money. Plus Carter has a better fuel pick up filter. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
    The moment of truth is finally here. I've got my fuel tank reinstalled, the wires hooked up, new fuel sending unit, lines hooked back up, etc. The pump is even installed exactly like yours.

My big question now is, which hose is the outlet, and which is the inlet, on the fuel pump?

I don't even know which lines to hook them up on the car? The lines that run along the frame.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!

James
    6408 & 2168

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Maybe run a piece of hose off each into a container and turn the key on and off (may have to bump the key for some).....
    No longer looking for 5 speed D -- Working on "The other DeLorean" (1966 GTO).