Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SpecialTAuto "Integrated" Fuel Pump

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Did you have any issues with the metal lines from the fuel pump brushing up against the floor of the spare tire well?
    Actually haven't put that back on yet. I'll see tonight.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Not quite. To quote Dave Swingle:
    Good info!

Its once again a matter of you get what you pay for! Fuel pumps aren't really worth bargaining on to me... Kind of important...

And whoever installs this pump it would be a good idea to install proper quick connect fittings on the hose, the clipping them to the pump. There are no barbs or anything to stop that hose from coming off how it is setup currently.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    Actually haven't put that back on yet. I'll see tonight.
    Looks like it does bump up against the access cover. I didn't get a lot of time to mess with it last night, but it wasn't the metal lines, but more the electrical connector that was in the way. I may be able to tweak the orientation a bit, hopefully can look at that later.

IMG-20130325-00165.jpg

Unintegrated Fuel Pump.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    IMG-20130325-00165.jpg

Unintegrated Fuel Pump.
    is that not a filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    is that not a filter?
    No, that be a rotary fuel pump.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Doesn't seem to be a way to orient the pump to avoid the access cover bumping the power connector. I could get close by routing the fuel lines directly over the sending unit, but that's not preferable. May look at fabricating something here, rather than notching out my access cover.

OK fitted this today, well of sorts.... On John's website it shows a rubber ring and two large metal rings. Upon delivery the new pump only has a rubber surround and a large jubilee clip. Not sure if they forgot to supply the other bits or they have stopped sending them. I'm awaiting an email back from him. Problem I have found is that because the unit is 'sprung' against the bottom of the tank, it's pushing the pump up and out of the rubber mounting ring when the sealing ring is tight on the tank lip.
    Anyway I solved the hitting the access cover by fitting in an opposite orientation to suggested. Unfortunatly it has involved longer flexi fuel lines but there all safe in the new route with no sharp bends. The access cover seems to fit fine like this.
    DSCF3732.jpg
    Last edited by Chris Williams; 04-09-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    UK & Worldwide DeLorean forum: www.deloreans.co.uk/forum

VIN
    I should have fitted mine like yours. I like that orientation better. The hard tubes on my pump were rubbing up against the floor of the spare wheel well.

VIN
    Initially, my pump would push up through the rubber piece as well. If you move the clip up (to just below the top of the rubber portion), it seems to do a better job of securing without allowing the rubber to move. You also don't want it too tight (another issue that I had), or it can deform the rubber and allow movement.

I may have to just get longer fuel lines and do the same. Much better solution than cutting into fiberglass. No issues with the black clip hitting the access panel?