Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    This is why I have little faith in the longevity of this easy money market spike everyone loves to brag about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ban...rity-0118/amp/
    All I could get out of that article was some dude doesn't know how to shut off the water to his house and a woman doesn't know how to leave out rat poison.

Today's society of people knows nothing about taking care of themselves. College educated people know how to read and know how to sign a checkbook. That's about it.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    What's the deal with the Island?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What's the deal with the Island?
    I just submitted a request to add you to the private facebook group. You should be able to read all about it in a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Bitcoin just dipped below $8,000. It might drop to $5,000 sooner than I expected. Even if it drops to $5,000 this month, I really wait to wait and see what it does between now and May before I make a decision to buy.

RACIST -25 POINTS Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Almost into the 6k range right now. At this pace, we will be looking at 5k by late tonight.

The DOW took the biggest drop I have ever seen in points. Probably not the biggest drop in percent loss.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The DOW took the biggest drop I have ever seen in points. Probably not the biggest drop in percent loss.
    Wow. You aren't joking. It looks like all of us took a hit today whether investing in stock or bitcoin. I had a 5% loss today. My rate of return for the year is 7%. Still not bad, but not what it was last week.

My stock in Viasat was $78 a few days ago and is now at $70 a share. I plan to buy more shares of Viasat on Feb 15th regardless of the price and of course my 401k at work is set to automatically invest 15% of my salary into a Fidelity mutual fund no matter what the market is doing.

When I was a young whipper snapper my financial advisor gave me some good advice. Don't get worried looking at that stuff and don't try to time the market. Basically invest the same amount of money in quality stocks and mutual funds each month. It always ends up averaging out to a nice return as long as you don't try to get rich quick with junk stocks.

Of course, if you are retired or retiring soon it is a different story. Then this stuff is a lot more stressful to experience.

With most 401 Ks you can't move your investments to much anyway. I agree for long term investment, don't even watch the market much. I still think it will be a short down turn but the thought of people going into a panic is always there.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

RACIST -25 POINTS Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Bitcoin at 6200, 1.5 hours and 201 bucks to go for me to be right.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Bitcoin at 6200, 1.5 hours and 201 bucks to go for me to be right.
    I'm still waiting until May before I consider purchasing a bitcoin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk