Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    When bitcoin fails (and I did mean to say when), who knows what will happen. As far as how it fails I believe it will be a security issue...I just don't think the wallets will continue to be secure enough from hackers.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Just checked bitcoin. Over 7k per coin. The idiot that sold his DeLorean a few years ago for 300 bitcoin now has over 2 million dollars for his car.

DeLorean values are going up!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Price of bitcoin on 11/6: 2011 - $3 2012 - $11 2013 - $258 2014 - $341 2015 - $388 2016 - $705 2017 - $7,300

I have a theory and you know my theories have always been correct on the past(Hillary dying, Trump killed, etc.) So here it is, What If bitcoin was devised to run away like it has done, people invest then the value crashes? At 7k per coin and around 12 million coins, that's over 80 billion dollars gone. What If a market correction is coming and in order to ease the amount of too much money in the market place, bitcoin crashes, the market loses shares but doesn't lose actual money and the people paying the price are the bitcoin investors? Granted bitcoin would have to jump substantially in value to cover even a modest correction but then again people are predicting 100k per coin in the future and keep on mind there are still roughly 10 million coins yet to be mined.

Administrator
    VIN
    I don't know what Bitcoin is, and have no time to research.
    explanations, that's be greeeaaat.

VIN
    Its electronic money. When I first heard of it a bitcoin was worth a dollar and was easy to get for free.

I made fun of jt back then and I'm still kicking myself for that.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Bitcoin is one of the leading crypto currencies and the man who wrote the code is a mystery. I'm too stupid to get my head around how it even got started but among other things, it pretty much gives anyone the ability to circumvent any type of oversight in financial transactions. Want to send 5 million to a buddy in Afghanistan? No problem, the only ones who will know are you and him! It's also worth mentioning it is a true world currency(or has the potential to be). Ever read Revelation?
    Bitcoin is becoming accepted as cash in more and more places and even countries are recognizing it as a valid currency. I am quite sure it will crash and crash hard but will it do it tomorrow or will it do it 3 years from now with a value of 75k per coin?

I'm like Steve, I thought nothing of it when it was about 100 a "coin"...now I feel like an idiot.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I had it backwards. (My mind spins around a lot when I'm at work). Maybe cryptocurrencies are not designed to crash to mitigate the dollar's value, maybe it's designed to succeed (which will also mitigate the dollar's value). Think about it, if the world economy accepts cryptocurrencies (from now on referred to as cc) and to a higher degree accepts only cc's and we as consumers are forced to exchange our dollars to cc's...well at 7k a coin you can do the math. It will benefit those that never saved or shown any type of financial responsibility and decimate the ones who played by the rules. It will "level the field" and turn fortunes into a few bits of code, code that is vulnerable to hackers, EMP attacks, power failures, server hijacking, and on and on. Oh well, I got pretty much every conspiracy theory in writing now so no matter what happens I can say I told ya so!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Bottlecaps will become the currency of the future.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    A friend of mine from Australia used to mine bitcoins back in the day back when they were worth less than $30. He struck it big when bitcoin went up to $200 and cashed most of his bitcoin in. He made a lot of money back then, but I'm sure he's been kicking himself pretty hard lately.

Anyway, he started a company where he does money transfers. Similar to Western Union or Money Gram, except bitcoin is what he uses to make the transfer happen.

I don't know much about it, but he is making a living with his company called Bitspark. He's based in Hong Kong these days because its cheap to do business there.

https://bitspark.io/
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)