Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

Making money is fine & good, but that's only half the story. The other half is how much you spend. There are millionaires who are broke.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    I quit investing a few years ago when I decided I would never get married.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I invest in cars, some precious metals, firearms, and war memorabilia. Call me old fashioned, but I like to be able to touch my investments.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I quit investing a few years ago when I decided I would never get married.
    Negative equity. If you think the wedding was expensive, just wait until you get divorced.

Bill Robertson

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Some of my PM portfolio:
    20140606_194412.jpg

I'm starting to add 1oz Maples and 1oz Eagles to my stack. Got 2 Eagles last Saturday that should he here in a few days.

When the Dollar collapses and zombies start walking around I will be settled in my fort armed to the teeth wearing my tin foil hat screaming " I Told You This Would Happen! Who looks foolish now!"

Asked a lawyer in court today his opinion. His "playing" money in his account is about $100K. He is buying deep sea oil drilling stock.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Must be nice to "play" with 100K.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    There are millionaires who are broke.

Bill Robertson

No there aren't...if they are millionaires, they aren't broke, man!

Favorite active trade: DDMG, they put a hologram of Tupac onstage w/Snoop Dog at some kinda festival and the thugs went berserk. I bought in as fast as I could (market moved so fast on it that my order didn't get filled on the 1st day.) It was during a shitty market, and I got out @+18%. The price divebombed a month later and I think the company dissolved or something shortly thereafter.

Worst active trade: SWHC, bought in at 3.65, screwed up my trailing-stop, sold at 5.17 (+38%.) It took off right after I sold.....if I had it set up right I would've yielded 10X that.

Best Active trade: SOL +156%...counting successes & not failures. Presently I'm taking a severe ass-kicking on it for jumping back into [what is now] a shitty-performing stock.

401K: +9.8% YTD.

-I've been ignoring the market due to a little burnout, but this thread might have me jump-started...thanks Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    401K: +9.8% YTD.
    My Vanguard accounts went up 9% last year and I didn't even look at them. I promise: indexing works.

Bill Robertson

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    My Vanguard accounts went up 9% last year and I didn't even look at them. I promise: indexing works.

Bill Robertson
    My401K is heavily indexed.

I also have a separate Vanguard account with only one index fund in it, I'll check it this weekend & see how it's doing.