Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I so much want to say the N word on another forum, Mirageforum.com, just so they will ban me. Its a long story, but a respected vendor on that forum was worried about doing prep work to his car for a 200 mile trip. If I remember correctly, said person's car has well under 50k miles on it. I said it was silly to worry about the car making a 200 mile trip, unless it was a KIA, and now a moderator sent me a message saying I am on thin ice.

Its okay for Mexicans at Autozone in Chicago to play music with all sorts of racial slurs and threats against the police, but if I white boy says the N word just one time, he risks getting thrown in jail and losing his job. It would be a fun way to get banned from a forum, but then I risk the social justice warriors going after my life.
    I tried registering there but I couldn't get the random bot question answered correctly. "In what country was the Mirage made?" I answered Japan...wrong. I answered Philippines, wrong. OK what country is it??

Got it after yet another Google search.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Iíd say letís troll the crap out of that place but they might be monitoring this forum. Iím trying to get them to install the Tapatalk plugin and have mentioned DMCToday several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I tried registering there but I couldn't get the random bot question answered correctly. "In what country was the Mirage made?" I answered Japan...wrong. I answered Philippines, wrong. OK what country is it??

Got it after yet another Google search.
    Nice try. There is no such thing as a 2008 Mirage.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

?! Kias have better reliability ratings on consumer reports because parent company Hyundai comes out with the product first. They are supposedly less likely to break down after KIA adopts the warmed over product offering.

BTW, when red Miata finally takes a costly shit (the power steering is whaling louder than a November 2016 democrat) then I will probably just plunk down for the Korean made Chevy Spark as my DC back and forth car. Cheapest out-the-door zero mile thing I can find that isn't a Mirage.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Mitsubishi sucks pretty bad but at least it ainít a Kia. Just a couple of years ago Kia/Hyundai recalled a bunch of cars because metal shavings were found in the engines.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I pressed a button hard over there and all they did was edit my post. Everyone seems nice...no reason to troll. (I looked)

On the other hand I miss people trolling us. I think we have the talent and skill to make trolls lose their cool long before they achieve thier goal.

Now off this stupid Mirage BS and back to the market which should melt down somewhere around Thursday.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    WF has predicted a double digit increase in the stock market until the end of 2019 on CNBC. If you can't trust Wells Fargo, who can you trust?

They have looked into their crystal ball and proclaimed, "BUY BUY BUY!"

You see, it's a new paradigm, and everybody who doesn't buy, now, will be priced out forever. Anybody who does buy will be rewarded with a lifetime of riches, as their stocks will continue a 30% yearly price increase.

Anybody born in a future generation, will not be able to afford a $15,000,000 starter share of Amazon in 15 years. They will live in tent cities, and Hondas.

This asset bubble is different than all of the others - it will never slow down, or pop. The gains are permanent.

Your mission is get ahold of whatever money you can find and INVEST now. I don't care if there's an orphan with a dime, you must bludgeon her to death with a tire iron and act now to secure your financial future.

So sayeth I, so sayeth we all.

Amen.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...start-the-week

VIN
    Ended up taking the parent's money out of the market today. They didn't lose any money, but 90% of their earnings from this year are gone. Fortunately they did still make a few dollars.

I have a feeling 2019 is going to consist of a bunch of politicians working hard as they can to impeach the president. For people past retirement age, such as my parents, I don't think its a good idea to have much money tied up in the stock market.

For myself, I'm staying in the market. I have time to ride out the storm. I've doubled my 401k contribution from 12% to 24%. With my small company match, I am putting 27% of my salary into the market. I will be fine.