Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I traded a Rolls Royce for an Edsel...
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I traded a Rolls Royce for an Edsel...
    One day Chad is going to announce that he owns a Tucker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Chad has an affinity for cars with no paint on them.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    One day Chad is going to announce that he owns a Tucker.

At this point, the only logical step that I can take this to is to build my own car the exact way I want.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Market took a correction yesterday. Nobody is sure what today holds but I have a theory that anything and everything is being implemented to prevent a roaring economy in the weeks leading up to midterms.

I for one am extremely joyful the market and the economy has skyrocketed but the logical part of my brain is saying other than perception, what has really changed? We are so full of ourselves and our economy that we have completely forgotten about our debt.

I have long said the market was overbought even when it was at 16kish. Now we are mid 20's and as I celebrate I can't help but look down from the top of this giant mountain and think "boy that's a looooong way down". Let's jot forget that not even 10 years ago the Dow was at 7.5k.
    Although Trump's policies have changed to help business...not a damn thing has been done to correct the real issue and that is debt.

I have also said I hope I am wrong but I am taking steps to be somewhat prepared no matter what happens. I do think there are powerful forces that will stop at nothing to stop Trump and the GOP and if that means knocking the keystone out of the American economy, then that's exactly what they will do.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

I have a correction erection. Daddy wants amazon stock at a discount. Not there yet!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Last week we were supposed to be mad at a republican judge.

This week we are supposed to be scared of republicans crashing the stock market.

This is a great time to be alive. Things will probably be back to normal, financially, after November 6 and the elites will give us something else to be upset about.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Incidentally, there hasn't been any hype about Bitcoin lately. The price is currently in the low $6,000 range. If it does dip below $6,000, I'm going to buy at least $500 worth of bitcoin and sit on it until the hype happens again. I won't get rich even if it doubles or triples in value, but at least I can say I made money off the Bitcoin hype.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Incidentally, there hasn't been any hype about Bitcoin lately. The price is currently in the low $6,000 range. If it does dip below $6,000, I'm going to buy at least $500 worth of bitcoin and sit on it until the hype happens again. I won't get rich even if it doubles or triples in value, but at least I can say I made money off the Bitcoin hype.

I bought a 100oz silver bar a few days ago when precious metals dipped. That puts my stack around 14 kilos of silver and almost 1 kilo of gold. and Today gold and silver shot up almost 3% which is very wierd because on the heels of an interest rate hike, gold and silver take a dive and the market usually goes up. Yesterday and today, the reverse happened.

Dinner @ the Maupins means eating from silver platters with silver flatware and drinking Jack Daniel's from silver goblets.